day bed rental chill island pricing

gavvy

Hi 

Bit confused with pricing on a day bed at coco cay.  Its says the price is per bed not per person, but then asks you to chose how many people and then it doubles the price (there are 2 of us)

I have booked it as one person- me, is this the right way to do it?  The site is a bit confusing

8 minutes ago, gavvy said:

s $160 a good price or do you think it may come down ?

If you are serious about wanting one and willing to pay that much, lock it in at that price.  You can cancel and rebook at the lower price if the price drops later.  When you do that, book it under the other half's name before you cancel the one in your name so someone doesn't accidentally snatch it up when you release it!

11 minutes ago, gavvy said:

I was shocked at the price of the cabanas, do people really pay that much for them?

Yep, people do.  They are sold out on some of my sailings.  They use dynamic pricing, so as there is more demand the price will creep up.  For example, I have an over-the-water cabana booked and the current pricing on them is $650 more than what I paid for my sailing.  Remember, the cabanas are for up to 6-8 people (depending on which you book) so the cost is a little easier to take when you divide it up with others.

I'd hold onto one for the $160 price for now while you're thinking about it.  You have until 2 days before your cruise to cancel it.  After then you have to cancel when you are on the ship.  But do remember that CocoCay has a lot of complimentary chairs and umbrellas available. 

Depending on the price of the Coco Beach Club for your visit you may want to consider getting a pass to that instead of a beach bed as a splurge.  There are actually a few beds there which are first come first serve, but they are located by the infinity pool and not on the beach.  The Beach Club is kind of like a resort within CocoCay and with a pass you will have access to some more upscale dining and service.

Ok thanks, lots to consider then.  I suppose if there was 8 of you the price is a bit easier to swallow,  if people didn't buy them they wouldn't charge those prices! The beach club is $340 at the moment for 2, which is a bit out of my range I think, but will keep an eye on it.

1 hour ago, AshleyDillo said:

If you are serious about wanting one and willing to pay that much, lock it in at that price.  You can cancel and rebook at the lower price if the price drops later.  When you do that, book it under the other half's name before you cancel the one in your name so someone doesn't accidentally snatch it up when you release it!

This is a GREAT tip. Example: We decided to cancel a cruise, prior to notifiying our travel agent I went and cancelled our Cruise Planner purchases... Even though I cancelled our Beach Club cabana it still showed up as "sold out" in the planner ... maybe a wait-list? No idea because technically there is now one. In fact, because I had purchased it, it didn't show sold out just "you purchased on ..." when I cancelled it flipped to sold out.

44 minutes ago, gavvy said:

Ok thanks, lots to consider then.  I suppose if there was 8 of you the price is a bit easier to swallow,  if people didn't buy them they wouldn't charge those prices! The beach club is $340 at the moment for 2, which is a bit out of my range I think, but will keep an eye on it.

Same for us, the beach bed is $149.99 - $199.99 (for South Beach) vs $321.98, I'm thinking the wife will enjoy the bed more than having access to the club. I'd consider the cabana again but it was a hard pill to swallow at $800, now it's $1200 ... I'm good. ?