What to wear on December cruises

1 hour ago, Jennifer Burke said:

Hi So going on Allure on December 5th. Never been on a cruise that time of year. A couple of questions. 1. Is it still on the warm side? and 2. Do most women wear holiday wear for the formal night? i.e. would it be odd looking if you wore a sleeveless pink dress in December?

I would check weather.com for the daily averages for where you are actually visiting just to be sure.

We’ve cruised to the Bahamas in January and we’re fine in our regular “summer clothes” most of the time. We did find the water a bit too cool for us to swim in the ocean,but the pools were fine.  At night it could get a little cool when the ship was moving.

We’ve also cruised to Alaska in September and when the ship was moving it was really cold and we needed our layers, but our day in Juneau was 85 degrees and I nearly melted ?

I can’t answer about formal night, since I wear my “good jeans” and a polo shirt and she wears khaki pants and a nice blouse.  We don’t dress up for formal night since we are not bringing fancy on vacation, since we both dress up for our daily lives.

We cruised over Christmas in 2019 on Anthem and evening wear ranged from formal, semi, smart casual and casual.  Some nights we went smart casual and on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day we dressed up a bit more with hubby and son wearing suits and tie or suit jacket.  There is a wide range of fashion and styles so you really can’t go wrong. There are lots of photo opportunities and various backgrounds, some of which are in front of the Christmas tree or with Santa so you will see families with Santa hats or light up necklaces and other seasonal accessories.  It’s a fun time to be onboard! ? ? ? 

I always cruise the first 2 weeks in December, in Caribbean.  Weather has always been fine and you can wear summer clothing.  The ships are decorated for the holidays and have some fun places for picture taking.  I love to dress up.   And I miss the days when more people dressed up a little.  Almost anything goes, so wear what you are comfortable with.   There are a few people who will wear a maybe  Christmas print suit, or dress.  I like it. 

We cruise a Christmas Day included cruise every other year for a lot of reasons.  People will have various festive wear but some will be much more casual like on any other cruise. 

Some things to just be aware of.

Expect lots and lots of kids, many more than even summer months,  like always most are well behaved, but then there are some that ....   additionally know that this is one of the top 3 Most expensive weeks for a cruise.

We have really enjoyed our cruises that cover Christmas

On 6/18/2021 at 10:26 PM, Jennifer Burke said:

Hi So going on Allure on December 5th. Never been on a cruise that time of year. A couple of questions. 1. Is it still on the warm side? and 2. Do most women wear holiday wear for the formal night? i.e. would it be odd looking if you wore a sleeveless pink dress in December?

Fort Lauderdale + Caribbean = Endless Summer. Bring warm weather clothing in December.

I looked up this cruise to see it's a Southern Caribbean itinerary. We took a very similar cruise out of Tampa in January 2017 with the same destinations. The weather was very warm! Summer clothing for sure.

As Michigan residents, this is why we always take a Caribbean cruise in/around January. It's a great chance to get away from the cold, cloudiness of winter for a while!