C&A sale vs. Next Cruise

cwtom

Starting to plan my next cruise and since the C&A sale is happening now, would like to take advantage. I have never booked a cruise so far out in advance (looking at August 2017 sailing date). How much deposit do I pay, can I cancel without penalty, and when is full payment due? Can I also combine with Next Cruise certificates that I have yet to purchase (plan to do so during my Sept 2016 cruise).  TIA!

Believe deposit is about $250 per person, I typically book 7 nights cant remember if it less for shorter cruises.

If booking under US rules then the deposit is fully refundable.

Final payment typically around 90 days from sail date.

Combining with a NextCruise certificate that you haven't purchased yet .... I think no. I believe that it would be treated as a cancel/rebook to apply it in the future at which point you would lose the current pricing/perks in favor of the pricing/perks at the time but I could be wrong.

I kinda have a question along those lines as well. Im sailing in Sept and I want to book our next cruise while on board. Are the specials on board different or better than the ones we can book online now? I want to take advantage of the 30% off but I also want the perks from booking on board!

I kinda have a question along those lines as well. Im sailing in Sept and I want to book our next cruise while on board. Are the specials on board different or better than the ones we can book online now? I want to take advantage of the 30% off but I also want the perks from booking on board!

The specials/promotions are exactly same onboard as they are at home. The difference is booking onboard gets you bonus onboard credit. 

Here is more info on the Next Cruise program: http://www.royalcaribbeanblog.com/2016/08/11/royal-caribbean-next-cruise-program-details-info-and-tips

I always recommend booking now if you're booking as a North American as you can always cancel and rebook onboard if you get a better deal.  However, I've yet to have this experience.  We just tried to rebook two cruises a couple of weeks ago and the one was up several hundred dollars as it was close to selling out even though it isn't until next June.  The other was about $1500 more for the cabin for a lower category room.

If you are able to put down the deposit, then it's worth booking and possibly cancelling than to suffer a price increase.

Echoing Doc and Matt.

Under US rules you can cancel and rebook, so book now and if the price/perks/deal is the same when you are onboard then you can rebook and add the On Board OBC benefit to the deal. If the deal with the On Board OBC is not better then you are ahead by booking now.

RCI does not offer "special deals" on board just the onboard bonus, however, if you work with a TA that gives you perks as well then the TA will get the reservation when you get back and should still give you their perks as well.