Cabana Capacity Limits

DublinFC

Hello,

I know this has been discussed before, but I am not sure if I read it here or elsewhere.  We have a Thrill Waterpark Cabana reserved and 4 people in our party.  I know that cabana section only allows 6 people from the cruise planner.  Friends of our are thinking of joining the same cruise.  They would be a party of 5.  I read before that you can add people to the cabana for X amount of dollars a person. 

Can someone point me in the right direction as to where I can find that or if that really is true?

Thanks in advance!

The cabana price is fixed up to the capacity of that cabana. There is no additional charge.

You can't add people beyond the capacity of the cabana, other wise people would book one cabana and organize 30 or 40 people for free waterpark access.  

For example, the floating cabanas can accommodate 8.  If you name 8 guests then all 8 have access to the Coco Beach Club.  You cannot name 12 guests for an 8 person floating cabana so that 4 extra guests would have access to the beach club.

It used to be for Oasis Lagoon, South Beach and Chill Island carbanas you could add up to 2 extra people at $50 each.  Those were the only cabanas that had that option listed as there wasn't a special admission item that came with the cabana like at Thrill Island waterpark and the Beach Club.

For the waterpark cabanas since it involves waterpark admission, I don't see them offering a discounted price to add folks to the cabana.  You would need to purchase the additional waterpark passes for 3 people in your case.  Whether or not they would have access to the cabana is likely more at the discretion of the cabana attendant in this case.  Sometimes a little tip when asking may buy some leniency, especially if you don't plan on having all 9 of you there at once.  Space in the cabana is limited, including the seating so it isn't fair for you to encroach on the nearby cabanas' enjoyment.  

I thought I read that you could add (2) extra people to the floating cabanas at Cococay to bring occupancy up to 10 - the additional persons would have to buy their own passes for Beach Club access plus the additional cabana charge.
In theory they could do something similar for the water park. But in your case, with (3) people over the limit, it increases occupancy by 50% and I can't imagine they'd allow that as a policy (vs at the discretion of the attendant). Like @AshleyDillo mentioned, seating and space within / between water park cabanas are limited.

4 hours ago, KJones said:

I thought I read that you could add (2) extra people to the floating cabanas at Cococay to bring occupancy up to 10 - the additional persons would have to buy their own passes for Beach Club access plus the additional cabana charge.
In theory they could do something similar for the water park. 

I also read that you can add 2 extra people to the floating cabanas.  Wondering what the cost would be for them?

I’m sure they don’t care how many of you hang out at your cabana ……. You paid for it ….. The extra people would still have paid the entrance fee to get in the water park.  I doubt they have cabana police running around chasing away the friends of people who paid for cabanas inside the water park.

5 hours ago, ChrisK2793 said:

I’m sure they don’t care how many of you hang out at your cabana ……. You paid for it ….. The extra people would still have paid the entrance fee to get in the water park.  I doubt they have cabana police running around chasing away the friends of people who paid for cabanas inside the water park.

It depends on how they are policing the entrance to the cabanas.  I haven't done a thrill waterpark cabana, but I know some of the other ones used a wristband system so the cabana attendants could easily tell who belonged and who didn't.  Now whether they want to enforce it or not is another thing.  Being friendly and courteous and greasing palms can help with this, but you also have to be prepared to accept no as an answer.  And you definitely want to be respectful of the other cabanas near you.