Crown and Anchor Program Updates

33 minutes ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

But if you are booked in suite, you can still access the suite/concierge lounge correct?  I am assuming the no access applies to D+/pinnacle members?

Restricting Pinnacle from the SL was expected to ensure suite guests can enjoy the SL while allowing social distancing from other suite guests not in their party.

How much they reduce capacity in the SL will dictate how normal the SL experience is for suite guests.  I believe their intention is to minimize the disruption for suite guests but if 95% of all suite guests show up at exactly the same time maybe someone doesn't get access.  I think that will be rare if not never but only time will tell.  

IMO most suite guests probably won't be impacted.  On Vision class with some smallish Concierge Clubs it may be more of a thing because these clubs aren't that big to begin with.  On newer ships I anticipate minimal impact to suite guests.

18 minutes ago, ConstantCruiser said:

Restricting Pinnacle from the SL was expected to ensure suite guests can enjoy the SL while allowing social distancing from other suite guests not in their party.

Which to me defeats the whole purpose of the lounge. I don't want to go there to sit in my own little space.

6 hours ago, CrimsonCruiser said:

oh...wait....Suite guests can still go to the lounges?

How can you tell? the letter just says "we've suspended access" and now I'm very confused lol

The post was meant for Crown and Anchor members to inform Crown and Anchor members how Crown and Anchor benefits will change.

The real problem is that Royal hasn't communicated anything to anyone else so when the Crown and Anchor team sends out an update like this everyone else is left to make assumptions and draw conclusions beyond the Crown and Anchor program.

It seems like Royal doesn't want to say anything until the protocols are fully defined and cast in stone.  The problem is they will never be cast in stone, they will continually change.  It's time for Royal to tell all guests what to expect and qualify it with "this may change".  

31 minutes ago, ConstantCruiser said:

It seems like Royal doesn't want to say anything until the protocols are fully defined and cast in stone.  The problem is they will never be cast in stone, they will continually change.  It's time for Royal to tell all guests what to expect and qualify it with "this may change".  

I believe "this might change" is the mantra of everything at this point.

1 hour ago, CrimsonCruiser said:

How can you tell? the letter just says "we've suspended access" and now I'm very confused lol

It's a letter from Crown and Anchor, so the assumption is that it's only affecting those allowed in the suite/ concierge lounge due to their CAS status.

4 hours ago, melmar02 said:

It's a letter from Crown and Anchor, so the assumption is that it's only affecting those allowed in the suite/ concierge lounge due to their CAS status.

5 hours ago, ConstantCruiser said:

The letter was sent to Crown and Anchor members to inform Crown and Anchor members how Crown and Anchor benefits will change.

The real problem is that Royal hasn't communicated anything to anyone else so when the Crown and Anchor team sends out an update like this everyone else is left to make assumptions and draw conclusions beyond the Crown and Anchor program.

That makes sense. And I guess it would also explain why I - a lowly platinum cruiser - didn't get the email.

*whew* I got scared for a minute!

On 6/16/2021 at 9:53 PM, CrimsonCruiser said:

I actually spoke to Royal after they posted this and they confirmed that’s suite guests can still go to the SL. the restrictions are just for C&A members. 

1 hour ago, Psycho and Barb said:

With all the double points going to be awarded, just wondering how it’s going to effect everything 

Most people will be where they would have been had the pandemic never happened.

Like all things in life there will be those that try to find the dark side of this promotion.  I don't see it.  I only see good in it.  I cruise a lot and have no concerns about the effect.  

1 hour ago, Psycho and Barb said:

With all the double points going to be awarded, just wondering how it’s going to effect everything 

19 minutes ago, ConstantCruiser said:

Like all things in life there will be those that try to find the dark side of this promotion.  I don't see it.  I only see good in it.  I cruise a lot and have no concerns about the effect.  

This is actually quite true.  For me anyway.  If covid never happened, and I never lost any of my sailings, I would have hit D+ March 2022 with the bookings that I had.  Assuming the border opens shortly, and I don't lose anymore existing bookings, I will still make D+ by my March 2022 Oasis cruise. 

1 hour ago, ConstantCruiser said:

Now that they extended double points, I did just book another to get to Diamond Plus in one more cruise versus 2. We were newly Diamond at the start of the pandemic and had 3 booked. Now with 4 booked, we will be Plus. The 10 night Alaska in a JS is the one that makes the biggest difference. Of course it’s quite the dent in the wallet but memories can’t be repossessed ?

Crown & Anchor Society® Members

Last updated June 28, 2021

We’re thrilled to welcome our valued Crown & Anchor® Society members back onboard! As we prepare to make new vacation memories at last, we want to share some great enhancements and a few updates to the Crown & Anchor Society program and benefits.

Enhanced Benefits

We’re excited to now offer our Diamond, Diamond Plus and Pinnacle Club members additional beverage vouchers for drinks up to $13. Each day of the cruise, Diamond members receive four vouchers, Diamond Plus members receive five vouchers, and Pinnacle Club members receive six vouchers. These can be used at any bar, at any time, in the Diamond Lounge during Happy Hour or in our private destinations. Consider it happy hour all day long!

With the new staggered arrivals appointment process, all guests need to pre-select a terminal arrival time. For our Pinnacle Club members, we created Flexible Arrival— a new benefit that gives you the freedom to check in up to one hour before or after your scheduled check-in time while the terminal is open.

Reimagined Events & Access

We’ve totally reimagined our behind-the-scenes entertainment tour. Members can now enjoy a MasterClass-type experience and get an insider’s view into the world of entertainment straight from the experts that bring the entire experience to life night after night. You won’t want to miss these workshops! Speaking of shows, we’ve enhanced our entertainment experience by giving our Diamond Plus and Pinnacle Club members priority access to seating in venues up to 45 minutes prior to showtime. This gives you ample time to select your preferred seating prior to opening the doors to all other guests.

Lounge Access As We Resume Sailing

Because of new health and physical distancing protocols, we have temporarily suspended access to Suite and Concierge lounges. These venues will operate with capacity limits and will only be available to guests staying in Suites. The Diamond Lounge will also operate with reduced capacity.

Our health protocols will continue to change as public health conditions evolve. While we envision these temporary changes to be short-lived, they are dependent on health conditions and guidance from local authorities.

On Oasis and Quantum Class ships, Pinnacle Club members will still be able to enjoy meals in Coastal Kitchen. However, to manage venue capacity, reservations are required and can only be made with the Maître d’ once onboard. Pinnacle Club members sailing on Oasis and Quantum Class ships will also receive a $25 dining voucher per member, per sailing to enjoy at any Specialty Restaurant of their choice.

Frequently Asked Questions

Q : Why are Crown & Anchor Society benefits changing?
A : The pause in operations gave us the time to relook at the program and find ways to improve. We added exciting enhancements and also made some temporary adjustments that align with new health protocols.

Q : How will the Crown & Anchor Society benefits change?
A :  Most of your Crown & Anchor Society benefits remain the same. Some, such as the top tier event, private departure lounge, daily breakfast, and behind-the-scenes galley tours have been temporarily suspended. However, we intend to bring them back as soon as we receive the green light to do so.

We also added a handful of new benefits such as Flexible Arrival for Pinnacle Club members, and additional daily beverage vouchers for Diamond, Diamond Plus and Pinnacle Club members. We even reimagined the behind-the-scenes entertainment tour for an enhanced experience.

To ensure compliance with health protocols and capacity limitations in some venues, access to the Suite and Concierge Lounges is temporarily limited to members staying in Suites. While the Diamond Lounge will also operate at a reduced capacity, we’re happy to welcome our members on a first come, first served basis.

On Oasis and Quantum Class* ships, our Pinnacle Club members are welcome to make reservations at Coastal Kitchen once onboard. On these ships, these members will also receive a $25 dining voucher per member, per sailing to enjoy at any specialty restaurant. Voucher will be added to your SeaPass card.

*Excludes Spectrum of the Seas®

Q : How will the onboard events change?
A : Based on new protocols, we had to adjust some events while still ensuring your full enjoyment:

Meal with an Officer —This experience, for our Diamond Plus (340 points and above) and Pinnacle Club members, has evolved to a Champagne Toast with an Officer. This event will still take place in the Main Dining Room, but with new physical distancing protocols in place.

Entertainment Tour — This tour has been reimagined, allowing our valued Diamond and above members to learn more about the amazing Royal Caribbean productions and entertainment team.

Behind-the-Scenes Galley Tour — This benefit for our Diamond Plus and Pinnacle Club members has been temporarily suspended to ensure the health of our guests and crew.

Priority Seating for Theaters and Shows — This benefit has evolved to priority access. Diamond Plus and Pinnacle Club members can enter the show venues up to 45 minutes before showtime to select their preferred seating.

Daily Breakfast in Main Dining Room — This benefit for Diamond, Diamond Plus and Pinnacle members has been temporarily suspended.

Departure Lounge with Continental Breakfast— This benefit has been suspended for all Crown & Anchor members as a result of the new departure process.

Q : Will I still have Priority Check-In at embarkation?
A : When we return to service, the embarkation process will be different. To manage the flow of guests and follow new health and safety protocols, guests will request a set arrival time in advance.

For our valued Pinnacle Club members, we are introducing Flexible Arrival. While the terminal is open, Pinnacle Club members have the flexibility to check in up to one hour before or after their scheduled check-in time.

Q : How will the daily happy hour be impacted?
A : The Happy Hour in the Diamond Lounge will take place daily from 5 pm to 8 pm. Diamond and above members will now enjoy additional daily beverage vouchers to be used at any bar, at any time, in the Diamond Lounge during Happy Hour, or in our private destinations. Whether it’s sparkling water, sparking wine, or the drink of the day, you choose when and where to enjoy these beverages.
The number of daily beverage coupons will increase as follows:

Diamond — 4 beverage coupons loaded daily on SeaPass card

Diamond Plus — 5 beverage coupons loaded daily on SeaPass card

Pinnacle Club — 6 beverage coupons loaded daily on SeaPass card

Diamond, Diamond Plus, and Pinnacle Club members will be able to redeem their complimentary beverage vouchers (for drinks valued up to $13) at any venue except Starbucks and Bionic Bar, at any time throughout the day.

Q : Will I have access to the Diamond Lounge?
A : Yes — Diamond, Diamond Plus and Pinnacle Club members can access the Diamond Lounge throughout the day. The Diamond Lounge capacity will be reduced to allow for physical distancing and sanitation. The lounge is open for regular hours, with Happy Hour daily from 5 pm to 8 pm. Guests will be admitted on a first come, first served basis.

Q : Will I have access to the Suite and Concierge lounges?
A : To manage venue capacity, access to the Concierge Club and Suite Lounge will be limited to members staying in Suites (Grand Suites and above).

Q :  Will Pinnacle Club members still have access to the Suite Lounge and Coastal Kitchen on Oasis and Quantum class ships?
A : On Oasis and Quantum Class* ships, Pinnacle Club members will still be able to enjoy meals in Coastal Kitchen. However, to manage venue capacity, reservations are required and can only be made with the Maître d’ once onboard.

Pinnacle Club members on these ships will also receive a $25 dining voucher per member, per sailing to enjoy at any Specialty Restaurant of their choice. This voucher will be pre-loaded on their SeaPass card.

*Excludes Spectrum of the Seas®

Q : Will there be any changes to onboard amenities?
A : Yes — due to new health protocols, deliveries to staterooms are limited to embarkation day only. For our Diamond Plus and Pinnacle Club members, food and beverage amenities will be waiting in your stateroom when you arrive. The Chef’s Choice amenity is temporarily suspended until further notice.

Q : Will I still receive my onboard recognition?
A : Yes, although some recognition events will change based on onboard protocols. Our Platinum, Emerald, and Diamond members will still receive pins in their stateroom. Diamond Plus members will receive both a pin and luggage tag.

To celebrate our new Pinnacle Club members, our Loyalty Ambassador onboard will invite the new member and their immediate family to a special intimate recognition which will be filmed and broadcasted on Royal Caribbean TV.

Members reaching 1,050 points and above will receive a Pinnacle Club milestone recognition letter in their staterooms. Our Loyalty Ambassador will reach out to arrange the delivery of a bottle of Domaine Chandon sparkling wine.

• 2 weeks later...

More updates announced.

Balcony discounts will be combinable now across the board.  In the past the C&A balcony discount was sometimes combinable with the sale or promo of the week and/or NextCruise OBC.  

The Diamond beverage coupons are good for up to $13 all day, any bar including private destinations.  This has been widely discussed however they have added that in the UK it will be $14.  

Youth members will now also get the internet discounts that adult members have traditionally received on board.

Crystal blocks are discontinued.  Whatever is in inventory will be handed out but no more blocks will be ordered.  Royal cited that 60% of blocks handed out were left in the cabin by departing guests.

C&A upgrades for D+ and P are gone.  This had become such an elusive thing I'm not sure any one will notice.

Tuxedo rentals are gone.