Hotels

I recommend staying in the Clear Lake, TX area. It is home of the Johnson Space Center. It is south of Houston but north of Galveston. It is a fairly short drive to the cruise port.

On cruise days, many hotels in Galveston require a two day stay. None of the hotels that I have used pre-Covid in Clear Lake required a minimum stay. I also feel like I got a better hotel for a better price in Clear Lake. I splurged and stayed at the Hilton Houston NASA Clear Lake.

It is a short (~30 minute) drive to the cruise terminal.

For parking, I had very good luck with Port Parking (https://www.portparking.com/). It is about $10 a week more than the others but your car is inside an old warehouse. It is high and dry. The time I used them, Galveston had a hard rain and possibly hail. My car was dry and undamaged.

I hope this helps.

My mom and I stayed at the Galveston Inn & Suites in 2019 and I remember liking it well enough. It was just for the one night before the cruise and I remember it being pretty comfortable. A good size for 2 adults, clean and friendly. Complimentary continental breakfast (with waffles).

I will say, it wasn't really close to a lot of stuff so we ordered delivery for food and basically just chilled in the room.

Can't comment on parking as we flew in and didn't see a reason to rent a car.