After Hour Cabin Steward Requests

Cabin stewards are hard working people. I make sure that I pay my "optional" gratuity and always give another $60-$100 at the end of the cruise.

There are times when I need something late at night. Maybe it's just a couple of wine glasses at 11pm. I know they have worked to clean my cabin in the morning and again in the evening. I am assuming that the steward is in bed at that time or getting a little "me time". If I call on the cabin phone to request these, they aren't going to roust my steward out of bed, are they? Surely they have on-call stewards for these types of things. 

In the past I have just let it go until the next day but there are times when getting a little something at night would be nice. I'm just trying to balance improving my experience with being a considerate guy.

Steven

1 hour ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

To my knowledge, the only room service available is regular room service (food).

I wasn't very clear with my original question. I don't remember the specifics but I was wanting something that a cabin steward would normally provide. Maybe a corkscrew, maybe glasses for the wine bottle I carried on, maybe something else. 

15 minutes ago, stevendom57 said:

I wasn't very clear with my original question. I don't remember the specifics but I was wanting something that a cabin steward would normally provide. Maybe a corkscrew, maybe glasses for the wine bottle I carried on, maybe something else. 

Ahhhh....  I doubt they would wake your steward for something like that.  If they are able to provide what you need, most likely someone from Guest Services would bring it.

10 minutes ago, cruisellama said:

Checked luggage?

for my corkscrew it goes in my carry on, and I usually hand carry it through the security check point, of course I have removed that very very dangerous 3/4 inch knife blade that is on it.  Never had a problem since removing that very dangerous 3/4 inch blade for over 6 years now

I realize the corkscrew was just an example but, to answer your question, at least in my experience, they have some overnight people with guest services who handle stuff like that. On a cruise a few years ago, one of my daughters was "overserved" at the Windjammer dessert bar. In the middle of the night, she got sick in bed and we called down to guest services for some clean sheets. There was someone other than our regular steward who came up and helped us remake the bed with new linens.