Critique my cabins on 2 cruises for next year?

Let me know what you think of 2 cabins for 2 cruises for next year, one I picked and the other was assigned. Both are on Oasis, 1 is short 5 days to Canada and the other 7 days to Coco Cay. Oasis June 2022 5 days to Canada I chose this cabin, 10725 in the Boardwalk area. I got it as close to the back as I could so we could possibly see some of the water shows but I have no idea if that is possible as I have never sailed Oasis.

The 7 day Coco Cay August 2022 cruise is a lift and shift from this August and this cabin was given to us, 12589 in the Central Park area. I am pretty sure we are going to enjoy this section of the ship better. We chose this area when we first planned to sail Oasis but its been cancelled 3 times now so with leftover FCC why not take a pre Coco Cay Oasis cruise and experience both the Boardwalk and Central park.

So this is just a fun what do you think of these 2 cabins and location and all that. I can't change the Central park that was assigned to us correct? I'm not overly concerned, just like to see what others think? 

We had a Central Park balcony and enjoyed it. We had our 2 girls with us so it gave us another sitting area. Only downside is you feel kind of close to your neighbors across the way. Didn’t enjoy the guy in his tighty whities each morning drinking his coffee lol

Be sure to close your curtains when you’re changing 

Personally, I'm a OV Balcony or better kinda guy, wife too. That said, I'd like to experience both of these cabins, mainly for people watching. A Boardwalk with obstructed ocean view seems like a good compromise for me (I'd say & us but not sure the wife would want it over OV ?).

Either way, so much to do on Oasis screw the cabin! LOL

3 hours ago, Jill said:

We had a Central Park balcony and enjoyed it. We had our 2 girls with us so it gave us another sitting area. Only downside is you feel kind of close to your neighbors across the way. Didn’t enjoy the guy in his tighty whities each morning drinking his coffee lol

Be sure to close your curtains when you’re changing 

No one should be subjected to that, my apologies. ? 

My brother had a Boardwalk balcony and complained about the noise.  I enjoyed a Central Park balcony as a quieter alternative. I like an Ocean View balcony but there isn't much to look at except for the ocean.  If I want to see the ocean, I go to the top deck or somewhere else.  I especially enjoy the sunrise, the sunset and pulling into the ports but not necessarily just to look at the ocean.

7 hours ago, Dad2Cue said:

My brother had a Boardwalk balcony and complained about the noise.  I enjoyed a Central Park balcony as a quieter alternative. I like an Ocean View balcony but there isn't much to look at except for the ocean.  If I want to see the ocean, I go to the top deck or somewhere else.  I especially enjoy the sunrise, the sunset and pulling into the ports but not necessarily just to look at the ocean.

Yeah exactly, our preference was and we booked the Central Park balcony first but that cruise was cancelled so many times and now pushed to August 2022. It's been too long with no cruise so we decided to book a pre cruise if that makes sense and why not try the other side with a Boardwalk balcony. That was our thinking anyway. I'm pretty sure we are gonna like the Central Park balcony more. 

Thanks for the reply. 

We had a Boardwalk room on Symphony and really enjoyed it.  It can get loud (just bring ear plugs for night), but we found it fun.  We'd often stand on the balcony, day or night if we were in our stateroom, and watch the action on the boardwalk, or peak out at the movie.  We were mid way and so we didn't watch the Aqua show from there (but did watch parts of it, or see them practicing, second time around) but sounds like you would be closer.  Another nice thing with our room is that we could see the water in the distance when we looked towards the Aqau show.

I haven't been in a Central Park room so can't compare, but we have one booked in a future cruise. And actually, we have one of each booked in the future.

You'll often hear people complain of seeing cabins across from you but that didn't bother us at all.  We just kept the blinds closed when changing and otherwise, no issue.

Guess it depends on what you like....do you prefer tranquility or you want to be able to see Boardwalk stuff.  With both you can people watch.

We have never stayed in a Central Park Balcony but we have one reserved for a B2B in Feb/Mar 2023 in one of the rooms with the extra-large balcony.  I had heard that those rooms can get very hot in the summer due to minimal air circulation but hopefully it won't be too bad in Feb and early March.

On 6/12/2021 at 9:03 AM, RCIfan1912 said:

Let me know what you think of 2 cabins for 2 cruises for next year, one I picked and the other was assigned. Both are on Oasis, 1 is short 5 days to Canada and the other 7 days to Coco Cay. Oasis June 2022 5 days to Canada I chose this cabin, 10725 in the Boardwalk area. I got it as close to the back as I could so we could possibly see some of the water shows but I have no idea if that is possible as I have never sailed Oasis.

The 7 day Coco Cay August 2022 cruise is a lift and shift from this August and this cabin was given to us, 12589 in the Central Park area. I am pretty sure we are going to enjoy this section of the ship better. We chose this area when we first planned to sail Oasis but its been cancelled 3 times now so with leftover FCC why not take a pre Coco Cay Oasis cruise and experience both the Boardwalk and Central park.

So this is just a fun what do you think of these 2 cabins and location and all that. I can't change the Central park that was assigned to us correct? I'm not overly concerned, just like to see what others think? 

You'll enjoy both those rooms. We had a boardwalk balcony on Oasis and its just a great spot to people watch and you can see a lot of the shows. My father in law had a central park balcony and its just incredibly peaceful, plus the difference between day and night is amazing. 

I have had Boardwalk and Central Park balconies.  Personally I like on ocean view balcony.  Like watching sunrise or sunset.  Plus more privacy.

The Boardwalk balcony will be noisy and often late at night.   If I get another inside balcony it would be Central Park, but do not plan to book that category in the future.

I do not seeing others across the other side, nor do I like the very limited sun.

But any cabin on any cruise is still a great cruise!!!!!