Do they still give out WOW cards?

I was given 2 when we boarded Oasis in 2012. However, the crew were less than wowed when I gave them out. Not sure how effective they are. I find it more of a gimmick. 

I straight up asked a few crew members on Oasis in Oct. 2012 if I should bother giving them out--if it made a difference. Most gave a resounding "yes." And were very thankful/grateful when I did...

I straight up asked a few crew members on Oasis in Oct. 2012 if I should bother giving them out--if it made a difference. Most gave a resounding "yes." And were very thankful/grateful when I did...

WOW cards go on their file with Royal Caribbean.  In terms of their career, it's the best thing you can do for a crew member

That is good to know. I adored my waitstaff and stateroom attendant on Oasis. Well, I actually always really like my staff. 

WOW cards go on their file with Royal Caribbean.  In terms of their career, it's the best thing you can do for a crew member

While the idea is good, it is odd they only give you 2 cards. And I understand the point, but at the end of the year, you've got staff that has piles of cards, and those that don't. Are they letting go the ones that don't score high? 

• 3 weeks later...

Thats great! Always rewarding to see the appreciation of recognition!

(Facepalm!)  Hah hah hah!  Now that I re-read that I can understand how it could be viewed that way. I think the only WOW cards I earned were from my kids, and perhaps the accountants at RCI. :)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

It has been hit or miss with me getting them.  I usually ask at check in if they fail to give me one.  I just got back from Vision and in Key West we disembarked on deck 1 (crew deck) and went through the hall to get off and there were photos of crew members receiving awards (quarterly awards, employee of the month etc.) and one was for receiving the most WoW recognition for the period.  Not sure what all they get but some of the awards, I don't remember which, specified a monetary award.