xSAILEDx Liberty of the Seas - Oct 10,2021 - Roll Call

• 2 weeks later...

FYI  Below is a link to the Port on Grand Cayman.  All cruise ships from now through September 2021 are red indicating they will not be in port on those days even though they are scheduled.  However, starting in the month of October 2021 all cruise ships are black indicating they WILL be in port on those days.  This looks very promising! 

https://www.caymanport.com/ship-schedules-calendar/

We just received this note from our TA.

No Cayman Islands after all and no Falmouth

FYI...A change in itinerary

Dear Guest,

We're looking forward to welcoming you onboard Liberty of the Seas for our
sailing and have an itinerary change to share with you.

The government of the Cayman Islands will remain closed to cruise guests
through the end of 2021. As a result, we've replaced our visit to George
Town, Grand Cayman and Falmouth, Jamaica with a visit to Costa Maya,
Mexico and Roatan, Honduras. Additionally, we've adjusted our departure
time from Galveston, Texas on embarkation day. Instead of 4:00 PM, we'll
now sail from Galveston at 5:00 PM. We've also extended our check-in
window by one hour, so you'll have extra time to explore more of Galveston
while leisurely making your way to the ship. We know how much time and
effort go into planning your vacation, and we're sorry for any
inconvenience caused by this. To help make up for this change, we've added
additional time to our days in Cozumel and Costa Maya giving you extra
time to explore these beautiful destinations! 

On 6/30/2021 at 11:44 AM, Shari said:

FYI  Below is a link to the Port on Grand Cayman.  All cruise ships from now through September 2021 are red indicating they will not be in port on those days even though they are scheduled.  However, starting in the month of October 2021 all cruise ships are black indicating they WILL be in port on those days.  This looks very promising! 

https://www.caymanport.com/ship-schedules-calendar/

• 3 weeks later...

Has anyone been able to confirm if this sailing is still on?  Liberty arrived to dry dock in Cadiz on Sunday (7/18).  She will have to complete dry dock, return to US waters, I assume they will then pick up a crew then hold a test cruise.

It is 83 days out so a lot can and most likely will change, but curious at this point to hear other's inputs.

53 minutes ago, Maddog said:

Has anyone been able to confirm if this sailing is still on?  Liberty arrived to dry dock in Cadiz on Sunday (7/18).  She will have to complete dry dock, return to US waters, I assume they will then pick up a crew then hold a test cruise.

It is 83 days out so a lot can and most likely will change, but curious at this point to hear other's inputs.

There are 2 cruises on Liberty out of Galveston before this one.  The September 26 is the Country Music Theme cruise and the October 3 is a normal cruise.  My thoughts are that Royal will do whatever they have to in order for the theme cruise to sail.  That will help ensure that our October 10 cruise sails.

I hope you are correct.

I found a site a while back that shows arrival and departures for cruise ships at various ports.  The September cruise is no longer shown. 

The first cruise I see for Liberty is a departure on October 3 - as would be expected.

Here's the link - Galveston, Texas Cruise Ship Schedule 2021 | Crew Center (crew-center.com)

17 minutes ago, Maddog said:

Shari,

I will check with my TA as well.

Thanks for the heads-up.  

I'll let you buy me a beer with your savings ?- just 80 days to our sailing.

Hubby and one of our friends will be in the connoisseur club drinking scotch and smoking a cigar almost every night.  If you like cigars then you might drop in and say hi.

• 4 weeks later...
  • AshleyDillo changed the title to xSAILEDx Liberty of the Seas - Oct 10,2021 - Roll Call