Liberty of the Seas - Oct 10,2021 - Roll Call

Maddog

Hey Everyone...New here! 

I am going to be on the ship with all of y'all! I am so excited as this is my first cruise. It is a graduation gift for my daughter, she was a 2020 graduate and her senior year was ruined so I figured this was the least I could do for her. Anyway, I have so many questions. Can someone help me? 

1. We have a 1pm check in slot. What time should I get to the port? 

2. When do we find out if we got the Royal up winning bid?

Actually, if someone could just tell me what to do, what to bring, where to go, what do I need to be prepared for...That would be great!!! AGH 18 days!! 

@RaDar Welcome😀

For 1pm unless you have a suite don't get there before 12:30, a 30min leeway is okay. Getting there at 11am is sort of a dick move.

2. The RoyalUp is a 3rd party company, so I have heard anything from a week beforehand to the day before sailing.

@MattHas a couple of great blogs about first time cruising, or check out some of the live blogs

Small advice is don't try to do everything, enjoy some of the free dining before you go full on ultimate dining plan. Get the app and look for the cruise compasses on the blog for this ship. It will give you an idea of what can be planned.

20 hours ago, RaDar said:

Hey Everyone...New here! 

I am going to be on the ship with all of y'all! I am so excited as this is my first cruise. It is a graduation gift for my daughter, she was a 2020 graduate and her senior year was ruined so I figured this was the least I could do for her. Anyway, I have so many questions. Can someone help me? 

1. We have a 1pm check in slot. What time should I get to the port? 

2. When do we find out if we got the Royal up winning bid?

Actually, if someone could just tell me what to do, what to bring, where to go, what do I need to be prepared for...That would be great!!! AGH 18 days!! 

There have generally been 2 formal nights on a 7 night cruise.  The 2nd night is usually the first and the other formal night varies.  You do NOT have to dress formal; however, many people enjoy the ability to get dressed up once in a while.  Main dining room for dinner usually has a no shorts dress code however some people don't adhere to the dress code and most of the time the crew ignores their attire. 

Be sure to bring sunscreen, a small med kit with items that are not found on the ship (we bring various pain relievers, bandaids, rolaids, dayquil, etc), heavy duty magnetic hooks.  There are several threads that talk about what people bring.

Most of all bring joy and wonder for traveling on these beautiful ships!

See you there!

3 hours ago, Shari said:

There have generally been 2 formal nights on a 7 night cruise.  The 2nd night is usually the first and the other formal night varies.  You do NOT have to dress formal; however, many people enjoy the ability to get dressed up once in a while.  Main dining room for dinner usually has a no shorts dress code however some people don't adhere to the dress code and most of the time the crew ignores their attire. 

Be sure to bring sunscreen, a small med kit with items that are not found on the ship (we bring various pain relievers, bandaids, rolaids, dayquil, etc), heavy duty magnetic hooks.  There are several threads that talk about what people bring.

Most of all bring joy and wonder for traveling on these beautiful ships!

See you there!

How would I search for these blogs? When I search for it, it brings up 500678 articles LOL