Vax/Unvax Onboard Enforcement

nate91

14 minutes ago, LovetoCruise87 said:

My next cruise isn't until August, so I know things will change considerably by then .

Yes, the Galveston protocols have already changed in the Healthy Sail Center.  At one point it said on sailings through October 31.  Just checked, and today it now says just August. A month to month approach, maybe? (August 15 is the first scheduled Indy Galveston cruise). 

For cruises departing Galveston, Texas this August onboard Independence of the Seas, Royal Caribbean guests age 12 and older must present proof of COVID-19 vaccination, with the final dose of their vaccine administered at least 14 days before sailing.” 

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/the-healthy-sail-center/getting-ready-to-cruise?dPort=galveston

25 minutes ago, ChrisK2793 said:

CELEBRITY …… just announced the same protocols as RCL ……. Sounds like they may no longer be vaccinated only ……

https://www.cruisecritic.com/ab/agents/variation-a/news/6211/?source=99360&fbclid=IwAR3O63dWfoJXNU-U_kr8ba0vB83VFpvZwJViYJVjQDco1hpx0ARl_m8kihU

Except they plan on, and must, adhere to the 95% vaccinated guideline.  Not sure how they are going to handle that yet if greater than 5% of the pax are unvaxxed or choose not to provide proof.

I will be watching as I am sailing X in early September.

I think we knew this was coming. If I recall it was last week or the week before where there were discussions about this during Celebrity's regular TA Zoom calls. After all Celebrity is a co-brand of RCL within RCG. 

I thought Matt's report on RCL's health protocols sounded a bit harsher in tone than this one from Cruise Critic reads. Maybe it was just me.

This is the first time I've seen this link below. I believe it just popped up within the last few hours. It's from the Celebrity web site under their "Healthy at Sea" section and emboldened in the text For an overview of protocols by homeport country, click here It is very precisely and clearly done and easy to read.

https://www.celebritycruises.com/content/dam/celebrity/pdf/celebrity-healthy-at-sea-protocols.pdf

Pretty much expected and unsurprising.  The only difference is X will, and has too, comply with the 95% vaxxed requirement (in the US) because they are all conditional sailings.  I am sailing on the Summit in Sept and the Apex in January so we'll see how much things change by then.

6 hours ago, Zurc said:

I agree about taking a breath.  I may be overreacting. ….
Royal’s Freedom protocols are standing out (and not in a favorable way) versus the approaches by Celebrity, Carnival and NCL.  

OK - I have to admit I was wrong!  With Celebrity announcing similar unvaccinated protocols from Florida, Royal’s no longer stand out.  A unified approach.  

Sorry, folks.   Can you tell that a cruise would really help me relax ?.  Only 4 more months ??