Looking for advice on Adventure of the Seas rooms

rbartolu

This is my family's first cruise on the Adventure of the Seas, doing a Southern Caribbean 7-night cruise. My wife called RC and they told us about a family suite that can sleep up to 8 people (we only have 5 - 2 teenagers, a small toddler who sleeps in our bed and my wife and I). Two questions for everyone:

1. Is this Family Suite the same thing as the "Royal Family Suite", complete with the amenities that come with royal? Royal Family Suite being the ones with the large balconies located in the rear of the ship.

2. The ship itself looks quite dated but from the sounds of it there will be stateroom refurbishments coming later this year. We priced two options, the family suite and just 2 separate superior view balcony staterooms. Is the extra $1700 for the family suite worth it (over the separate rooms)? The RC rep mentioned some amenities but I'm not sure what all is applicable to the Adventure of the Seas.

Any help/feedback would be much appreciated - thank you.

I'm going to let you in on a secret - and please don't tell anyone else, as these rooms are rare.   ;)  On Voyager class and Freedom class ships there are a pair of rooms that are one Balcony and one connected Interior - great for families such as yours where the kids can sleep in the 'cheap' room while you get the room with the balcony.  On Voyager class they are rooms 9381/9376 and 9676/9681, and on Freedom class they are 9396/9401 and 9696/9701.  They are in the rear back corners of the ship on deck 9 on both classes of ships.  Look at the deck plans online to see if you'd like the location - I have no problems with longer walks to the elevators, etc., but it might be an issue for you with a toddler.

With pricing on each cruise being different and availability scarce, I'd contact a travel agent (such as Michelle) to work out the details.  Depending on the cruise you may find the Family Suite cheaper, or the pair of rooms simply unavailable.

Alternatively, if your teens are old enough they can get an interior room across the hallway from your balcony.  You just have to book it with one adult in each room - after you board they don't care where you actually sleep.

If you're going to be sailing on Adventure Nov 19, 2016 knock on 9381/9376 and say hello - my family will be in those rooms. :)  And welcome to the message boards!