Hotels Miami pre-cruise

Holiday Inn Port Miami is also close to port  as well as walking distance to restaurants, etc.  Price is good too.

Update...Nov 14th:  Stayed at Holiday Inn Port Miami last week...it served the purpose for sleeping the night before the cruise.  No, it is not gorgeous or updated in decor but it was clean and the bed was extremely comfortable.  It is directly across the street to the Bayside Marketplace.  Uber to the port next morning was quick and cheap!  Check in was quick (12:30 ish) and room was ready.  Breakfast in the hotel restaurant was decent (and included) and checked out before 10:30 (had 11am boarding time).  No, I would not stay there if I was vacationing in Miami (I'd stay closer to the action of the city) but for less than $150 it was a bargain for what we needed...which was a room to rest up in before our cruise.

Edited by PPPJJ-GCVAB
added info

28 minutes ago, PPPJJ-GCVAB said:

Holiday Inn Port Miami is also close to port  as well as walking distance to restaurants, etc.  Price is good too.

I stayed there, and it was okay.  Not bad, not great. For the money, I think you're better off at Double Tree Biscayne Bay.

If you're looking for a good economical hotel, I much preferred the Holiday Inn Express & Suites Miami Airport East. It's maybe a 15 minute cab ride to PortMiami

5 hours ago, Nacho Libre said:

Any intel on Courtyard Downtown/Brickell?

We stayed there the night before our last cruise.   I normally really like Hampton Inns but I was not thrilled with this one.  Check in was very confusing because it is not on ground level.  When we got there, we weren’t sure what to do.   We rang a bell and a very snooty guy told us to read the sign by the elevator (which is around the corner from the entrance) and go to the floor listed for check in.   It didn’t help that the hotel is in the downtown Miami area and traffic was unbelievable that day, which we didn’t expect on a Saturday.   It took us 45 minutes to get from the airport to the hotel.   It took around 25 to get to the port the next morning, again due to heavy traffic.   The rooms were adequate but somewhat small.  We did walk around the area and there was a grocery store and a pharmacy close by, but all in all, I think I would choose somewhere else.  Not a bad place but I think we would’ve enjoyed somewhere else more. 

I've only been once but we stayed at  Hampton Inn & Suites Miami Midtown and had a fantastic experience.  Spacious rooms, fair pool, complimentary infused water and continental breakfast, concierge went above and beyond for us, and they had a reasonably priced shuttle that took us to the port, all for a reasonable rate, at least for when we stayed there.

9 hours ago, SpeedNoodles said:

Kimpton Epic - very close to Bayside Market and the port - short Uber or Lyft ride.  Beautiful hotel. I believe all rooms have a balcony (every room I've been in has had one).

If I recall you have used Priceline or Hotwire for Epic...any advise on bidding?

59 minutes ago, Fairlynew said:

We stayed there the night before our last cruise.   I normally really like Hampton Inns but I was not thrilled with this one.  Check in was very confusing because it is not on ground level.  When we got there, we weren’t sure what to do.   We rang a bell and a very snooty guy told us to read the sign by the elevator (which is around the corner from the entrance) and go to the floor listed for check in.   It didn’t help that the hotel is in the downtown Miami area and traffic was unbelievable that day, which we didn’t expect on a Saturday.   It took us 45 minutes to get from the airport to the hotel.   It took around 25 to get to the port the next morning, again due to heavy traffic.   The rooms were adequate but somewhat small.  We did walk around the area and there was a grocery store and a pharmacy close by, but all in all, I think I would choose somewhere else.  Not a bad place but I think we would’ve enjoyed somewhere else more. 

I think you're referring to the Hampton Inn & Suites Brickell, not the Courtyard.  We've also stayed at the Hampton there and while the hotel itself was nice, there's no obvious place to park to check-in.  However it is on the rail system from the airport if you can handle walking a couple blocks which eliminates the need to take a cab/Uber/Lyft.  We dropped off people at the hotel and went and returned our rental car to the airport and then took the rail back to the hotel.  

Can't give any advice about the Courtyard as I didn't stay there in particular, but it is in the same general area as the Hampton.  

I'd still choose the Doubletree Suites Biscayne Bay over the Brickell area.  Brickell offerings for food were more convenience store or a little more upscale casual dining to finer dining.  Also the Biscayne Bay area was a shorter ride to the port and I liked having the Publix walkable for last minute supplies.

7 hours ago, Emilie said:

Any hotels offer shuttles from the airport as well as shuttles to the port? I know I'm asking a lot.

I'm not a fan of any shuttle services.  Most hotels in Miami are so close to the port that your best bet is to order a Lyft or Uber when you are ready to go on your schedule and the cost is usually reasonable.

I am trying the Hilton Gabriel in September....well unless I bid on Priceline for the Epic, it appears it is there but with taxes in fees it is about $270 for the night plus the $33 nightly fee.  Course I am locked in and if for some reason the ship does not sail I am stuck.  Ok guess I will stay with the refundable option.....boo I want to try the Epic 

12 hours ago, DanielB said:

I am trying the Hilton Gabriel in September....well unless I bid on Priceline for the Epic, it appears it is there but with taxes in fees it is about $270 for the night plus the $33 nightly fee.  Course I am locked in and if for some reason the ship does not sail I am stuck.  Ok guess I will stay with the refundable option.....boo I want to try the Epic 

A zillion years ago this site was really helpful for figuring which hotels were on Priceline/Hotwire https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/biddingfortravel/

On 6/10/2021 at 8:58 PM, Matt said:

I'm not a fan of any shuttle services.  Most hotels in Miami are so close to the port that your best bet is to order a Lyft or Uber when you are ready to go on your schedule and the cost is usually reasonable.

No matter where we travel, we've found that both Uber/Lyft to be a quick, efficient and cost-effective way to get around anywhere.

On 6/9/2021 at 10:01 PM, GaryAA said:

Marriott Biscayne Bay is nice. There is a “mini mall” that connects to the adjacent Doubletree Hotel. There are restaurants and shops in the mall. The port is a short cab ride away.

CD8AEA29-3E97-4129-9F9A-9078AAAA0CEC.jpeg

Stayed at JW Marriott Marquis before and it a great stay and easy cab to the port. Booked the Marriott Biscayne Bay for our upcoming cruise.

We just booked the Hotel Intercontinental, club access floor, for Christmas Day. When I spoke with the hotel concierge, they said that the concierge club will be open serving refreshments and a breakfast on the 25/26th. So, I canceled our reservations at the JW Marriott Marquis and shifted to this better hotel, in my opinion. Thanks @Lovetocruise2002 and @WAAAYTOOO. @WAAAYTOOOconfirmed my feelings with Marriott, as we too have felt the same with a decrease in concierge lounge service over the years.

7 hours ago, 12thman said:

@Lovetocruise2002when you booked the bay view room was the average nightly rate at $500? That's what I'm looking at. Looks like at REALLY nice hotel.

Usually slightly less.  For a King Bay view room with Club access, it ranges from around $350-400/night.  What I do is I book with the members (free to join) refundable rate and watch the price.  When it goes down, I cancel and re-book.  You can do that up until a few days before arrival.

16 hours ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

Usually slightly less.  For a King Bay view room with Club access, it ranges from around $350-400/night.  What I do is I book with the members (free to join) refundable rate and watch the price.  When it goes down, I cancel and re-book.  You can do that up until a few days before arrival.

Cool, thanks! We have AAA so I was using that but we have IGH also.