Same ship different departure port at the same time

It's called interporting. They've been doing it for several years now on this particular itinerary. It can be a bit weird for those boarding at the secondary embarkation port (which in this case is Rome) because some of the onboard activities, such as the welcome aboard party are out of kilter. However it's a wonderful feeling walking down corridors filled with disembarking passengers' luggage and knowing you still have several more days on board.

20 minutes ago, Linda R said:

I was looking at this cruise but for me I did not like the embarking and disembarking at 2 locations.  Just seemed like a hassle, and interrupted the flow of a cruise. And maybe doing welcome aboard activities twice in your 7 day cruise.   

We've done one of these before, and it was actually barely noticable. For people who get on at the first embarcation point, the second one is just a port day like any other. You do see suitcases in the halls for departure the night before, at bit, but all that did was give me a "hooray, I'm not leaving yet!" feeling ?