xSAILEDx Odyssey of the Seas - September 5th, 2021

2 hours ago, CruizIan said:

get a rapid PCR locally.

Unless I'm missing something you just need a rapid antigen (much faster).  There are a number of small private places that may have availability (CVS and Walgreens are booked in S FL...always), and both Ft Lauderdale-Hollywood and Miami International Airport offer onsite rapid testing.  

Here is the info for FLL testing: https://testing.nomihealth.com/easy_registration/34/onsite

Also, your hotel may have an arrangement with a testing company.

Good luck!

Ok, so the results came back inconclusive, from what I could tell from the conversation I had something went wrong procedurally.  However I had plan B already this morning before I got those results, I went to the county drive though testing site (Barnett Park) and got the antigen test there, line was about 45 minutes long since I went pretty early.  Ironically both the rapid negative result and the CVS pcr "Inconclusive" result came in at the exact same time.   2 out of the 3 of us are using the PCR from CVS, I'm just using the rapid one from a few hours ago today.

Lesson learned, have a plan A, B, and C when it comes to getting covid tests.  (Plan C would have been doing an out of pocket pay for one)  For two of us plan A worked fine, but I had to jump to plan B for myself.  We're driving to Ft. Lauderdale from Orlando, so no flight complications involved, thankfully, especially since I know the airports are probably slammed this weekend.  The at home option should definitely also be part of the plan.

One other oddity, we won our RoyalUp bid, but the luggage tags still come up with the old cabin number.  (Which is an entirely different section of the ship)   I'd assume if we don't have them correct, we'll have to resort to the handwritten ones by the porters.

3 hours ago, Atricks said:

One other oddity, we won our RoyalUp bid, but the luggage tags still come up with the old cabin number.  (Which is an entirely different section of the ship)   I'd assume if we don't have them correct, we'll have to resort to the handwritten ones by the porters.

This has happened to me on RCI anytime I've viewed the docs (with tags) and then my room changed.  If you or your agent call they can refresh it, sometimes it eventually works on it's own, but often not.  Having the porter tag them is likely the easiest way.

3 hours ago, Matt said:

Made it to our hotel in Boca.

Also received an email from Royal reminding everyone check-in times matter and people will be turned away if they show up early.

What is the earliest time.  I have 12:30 but per the concierges email, I can go up to an hour early.

This cruise went pretty well, we never had shortages of stuff to do.  Only very briefly said hi to Matt in the Solarium Bistro breakfast on day 6, but that went well.  The only hiccup really was that the CVS test came back inconclusive/lost so I had to scramble to get the second test.  We had scheduling issues with Ifly (Cancelled first day due to weather, second attempt got cancelled due to technical problems, and had to wind up doing it late on day 6 by talking to the folks there and they managed to slip us in.

Our daughters at port test took about 35 minutes, we arrived about 30 minutes before the scheduled time (Noon) there because we knew we had to wait for the results, and that was the right call to do.

Day 6 she had a test on deck 2 forward around 9:15 in the morning.  (Negative there too)  Did not have to wait for that one.

If you are on the fence, go, it was well worth it for the reduced capacity.

• AshleyDillo changed the title to xSAILEDx Odyssey of the Seas - September 5th, 2021