RoyalUp Success Query (JS -> GS 2Bed)

Hi All,

I’ll hopefully be travelling on Anthem in September with my mum and if RoyalUp is available I plan to bid on a 2bed Grand Suite from a Junior Suite.

We originally booked the JS over a balcony for more room for her mobility scooter but I’m thinking separate connecting rooms may have been better (2 bed, 2bath) as I’m an early riser and she’s a late one. In hindsight we probably would’ve been better off with 2 balconies but we’re here now and fully paid for our JS. 

For those that have used RoyalUp before, what is the typical price scale (min/max)?  

For those that have been successful what did you bid to gain the upgrade? 

Thanks!

I would call your TA and find out the cost to upgrade and make the decision. RoyalUp is a real gamble. I have been offered this a few times and I know full well there are no cabins available. On one occasion we upgraded through our TA and it worked out cheaper than the RoyalUp offer we got sent.  

2 hours ago, Scoular said:

Hi All,

I’ll hopefully be travelling on Anthem in September with my mum and if RoyalUp is available I plan to bid on a 2bed Grand Suite from a Junior Suite.

We originally booked the JS over a balcony for more room for her mobility scooter but I’m thinking separate connecting rooms may have been better (2 bed, 2bath) as I’m an early riser and she’s a late one. In hindsight we probably would’ve been better off with 2 balconies but we’re here now and fully paid for our JS. 

For those that have used RoyalUp before, what is the typical price scale (min/max)?  

For those that have been successful what did you bid to gain the upgrade? 

Thanks!

I'm not a fan of the RoyalUp bid process because in my opinion the only winner is Royal Caribbean.  RoyalUp is basically Royal Caribbean using your desire to upgrade against you.  Meaning if you do win the bid you've probably paid more than the upgrade was worth which means Royal has won and you've lost even though you might think you've won.  

In my opinion an upgrade should be a win win for both parties involved you score a upgrade at a reasonable price and Royal gets a few extra bucks on a suite they didn't sell at regular price. Some of the RoyalUp offers (bids) I've been sent since they launch the program are ridiculous and although you get to choose how much you are willing to bid Royal sets the lowest bid price and if you go with the basic bottom of the barrel bid you won't win.  Therefore I would suggest you call your TA or even call Royal Caribbean reservations directly.   

3 hours ago, dee02554 said:

on a side note , 2bedroom grands seem to sell out quick , we're on Rhapsody 2/23 and we booked a year out , there are only 4 and they have been booked forever 

Thanks. For our sailing there are 4 onboard, currently 3 available. Our ship sails end of September. 

3 hours ago, CruisingOz said:

I would call your TA and find out the cost to upgrade and make the decision. RoyalUp is a real gamble. I have been offered this a few times and I know full well there are no cabins available. On one occasion we upgraded through our TA and it worked out cheaper than the RoyalUp offer we got sent.  

Thanks. I’ll contact my TA! 

We always bid when it's available, and always the minimum. We're at 50% success rate over 6 cruises, always from a JS to a higher suite of some kind.

We treat it as a "oh how cool!" rather than a "drat!" if we win. Anything else will just lead to disappointment.

Definitely call your TA if the upgrade is important to you!

4 hours ago, Fairlynew said:

I used Royal Up in 2019 on Oasis to go from a 1 bedroom GS to a CLS.  I made the minimum bid (which was around $400 total).   I think a lot depends on the "chain reaction".  They may have taken my low offer because they had a higher offer for the GS I was in. 

Thank you. That’s helpful to know! 

4 hours ago, KristiZ said:

We always bid when it's available, and always the minimum. We're at 50% success rate over 6 cruises, always from a JS to a higher suite of some kind.

We treat it as a "oh how cool!" rather than a "drat!" if we win. Anything else will just lead to disappointment.

Definitely call your TA if the upgrade is important to you!

I’m thinking the same. More space would be nice but I’m sure we’ll cope fine in a JS. Fingers crossed. It’s helpful to know what kind of success rate people have had though and with what types of bids, so thank you! 

2 hours ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

Yes, I am !!!

I have truly missed your posts!  I am still a relative newbie here but always enjoy reading your opinions.  Hope the move went well and you are settled in.

Regards

Pooch (Gail)