Missing Swimming Pigs in CocoCay

Nate Y

My wife was looking forward to doing the Swimming Pigs experience in CocoCay on our cruise that was canceled for Feb2021 and then again in April 2021.  We're pushing out to next winter now, and that experience is not available.  Does anyone have any insight as to why its gone or if it will return? 

On 6/8/2021 at 6:04 PM, Nate Y said:

My wife was looking forward to doing the Swimming Pigs experience in CocoCay on our cruise that was canceled for Feb2021 and then again in April 2021.  We're pushing out to next winter now, and that experience is not available.  Does anyone have any insight as to why its gone or if it will return? 

Risk of swine flu?

• 2 months later...

We're booked for the excursion on our Oct 17 cruise on Oasis. They have literally cancelled every other excursion (Disney Springs/Orlando, Atlantis-sea lions & waterpark/Nassau and it's only 3 ports) so fingers crossed that we get to enjoy that experience. It actually made Jeopardy, complete with a picture: "Big Major Cay in this multi-island nation near Florida is famous for its beach of swimming pigs" - pretty cool! 😉 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

We are taking our first cruise ever in October! We are cruising with Royal Caribbean on their ship, Wonder. We are doing the western caribbean cruise.  I noticed there wasn't an excursion for swimming with pigs at CoCoCay. Is there a chance it'll be added later?