Matt was speechless on YouTube live!!

12thman

This has always been a special community. Matt’s positive attitude and approach to keeping things positive and accurate sets the tone here. His blog really is the only source of RCI information that you need. I missed the live broadcast but watched the replay. Well deserved Matt!

2 hours ago, 12thman said:

So fun to watch Matt yesterday on YouTube Live!! It was nuts with the Super chats!!

It was truly amazing! One of those moments of generosity you rarely get to see in life. 

While I couldn't participate in the moment as it was "background noise" while grilling, it inspired me to do my little part and become an insider. For the past year+ I've come to rely on Matt's blog posts and the community here to be up-to-date with the constant change. Making the decisions I needed to do regarding cruises wouldn't have been nearly as easy without Royal Caribbean Blog. Helping to keep the circuit breaker on is the least I could do.

When we went on our first Royal cruise in 2019 we knew nothing about Royal except it looked interesting from the commercials and website. Searching for a forum board to gather information on what there's to do led me to Royal Caribbean Blog and there I found a community of friendly, supportive experienced cruisers willing to share their knowledge. Our first cruise with Royal was so AMAZING!! no way it would have been without this community that @Matt built from a hobby. So that's why I give to @Matt to help him keep all that he does going. Would you have know to read pass cruise compasses or even know they existed? Would you have know about when the best time to board is? Would you have know when to buy from the cruise planner and to keep checking? All these things I was clueless about, thanks to THIS community of helpful experienced cruisers we had an Amazing time!! 

Plus it's fun to watch Matt loose it when people give to say "thank you" @MattTHANK YOU!! YOU ARE AMAZING!!!

16 minutes ago, 12thman said:

When we went on our first Royal cruise in 2019 we knew nothing about Royal except it looked interesting from the commercials and website. Searching for a forum board to gather information on what there's to do led me to Royal Caribbean Blog and there I found a community of friendly, supportive experienced cruisers willing to share their knowledge. Our first cruise with Royal was so AMAZING!! no way it would have been without this community that @Matt built from a hobby. So that's why I give to @Matt to help him keep all that he does going. Would you have know to read pass cruise compasses or even know they existed? Would you have know about when the best time to board is? Would you have know when to buy from the cruise planner and to keep checking? All these things I was clueless about, thanks to THIS community of helpful experienced cruisers we had an Amazing time!! 

Plus it's fun to watch Matt loose it when people give to say "thank you" @MattTHANK YOU!! YOU ARE AMAZING!!!

Our first Royal Cruise was in 2007 and only our second cruise. While this site wasn't around yet, I did participate in another forum (not CC) that helped me learn A LOT. I felt so lost and clueless on our first cruise I didn't want that to happen again. Somewhere between Royal # 4 (Oasis 1/2010) and Royal #5 (Oasis 1/2012) and beyond, as I'd search for something Royal related, a blog written by Matt would pop-up. Over the years I came to rely on those search hits as fact and had a better grasp of what I was researching. I forget exactly when but that other cruise forum started to die off a bit, there was an update, and I think new owners which killed (at least for me) the sites usability. The biggest issue was how slow it was, page loads were probably in the high seconds to minute+ (again, going off memory, this was a while ago).

Anyway, I would creep the forums here from time to time and of course keep up on @Matt's blog posts and decided to join July of 2019; I missed that other site's friendly atmosphere and saw it here. So, while I did join with a solid Royal Caribbean foundation (a lot -probably most- from Matt's blog posts), I've still learned a lot these last 2 years and try to contribute when I can... I type fast but some of you, WOW it's like you have the information ready to copy/paste ? LOL. I know I'll continue to learn from Matt and this community.

If I may steal (and modify) a quote from Hagrid when Harry said he'll need a wand:

"A wand Royal Caribbean information? Well, you'll want Ollivanders Royal Caribbean Blog. There ain't no place better."