Doing the Diamond Dance

DocLC

My points from the Serenade of the Seas finally posted, only 6 days after disembarking.  I am now officially Diamond Status after having achieved Platinum a decade ago and Emerald just last rear.

Looking forward to the Diamond perks on the Allure in January and the Vision in June.

My points from the Serenade of the Seas finally posted, only 6 days after disembarking.  I am now officially Diamond Status after having achieved Platinum a decade ago and Emerald just last rear.

Looking forward to the Diamond perks on the Allure in January and the Vision in June.

The Diamond Lounges on the Oasis Class are the best in the fleet in my opinion.  Enjoy! 

Congrats!   It takes time but is memorable to get there.  I have been and will be Diamond plus for a very long time but look at it this way,  I will be making many more memories along the way to pinnacle.   Some people see it as a glass half empty and some say it is half full.   I look at it and say "Who has been sharing my drink?"

I'll treat you to a drink in the Diamond Lounge! I made final payment today...

Looking forward to hearing all about the Adventure.

The thing I'm looking forward to the most . . . the coffee machine in the Diamond Lounge.

With three drink vouchers per night, I'm contemplating whether or not to buy the Replenish package this time around.  I'm thinking with the Diamond Lounge and the three drink vouchers, that will be enough to keep me satisfied.  Thus, in my humble opinion, Royal should offer an additional discount to those Diamond and above on the drink packages for this very reason.  One, if we buy the drink package, we aren't making use of the benefits; two, it would encourage the purchasing of the drink packages in cases such as mine.

Looking forward to hearing all about the Adventure.

The thing I'm looking forward to the most . . . the coffee machine in the Diamond Lounge.

With three drink vouchers per night, I'm contemplating whether or not to buy the Replenish package this time around.  I'm thinking with the Diamond Lounge and the three drink vouchers, that will be enough to keep me satisfied.  Thus, in my humble opinion, Royal should offer an additional discount to those Diamond and above on the drink packages for this very reason.  One, if we buy the drink package, we aren't making use of the benefits; two, it would encourage the purchasing of the drink packages in cases such as mine.

We have been Diamond members on two cruises now both on Voyager class ships.  On these ships you needed to be in the Diamond lounge much earlier than 5pm(happy hour?)to get a seat.   Not sure how much bigger the Diamond Lounge is on the Oasis class ships but I would think you need to get there early also.  We are going on the Oasis in June so I will find out for myself but let us know how it goes  Thanks ...Mike

I admit, I'm a lush - a classy one though, along the lines of Sir Kingsley Amis - and will likely pick up the Premium package again this next cruise.  I liked the convenience of being able to order whatever I wanted, wherever I wanted.  

We have been Diamond members on two cruises now both on Voyager class ships.  On these ships you needed to be in the Diamond lounge much earlier than 5pm(happy hour?)to get a seat.   Not sure how much bigger the Diamond Lounge is on the Oasis class ships but I would think you need to get there early also.  We are going on the Oasis in June so I will find out for myself but let us know how it goes  Thanks ...Mike

Not all DLs are created equal! I've found they can vary greatly as to how "nice" they are.

Sorry to report but you are going to find the DL on Oasis is surprisingly quite small. The view (which is full windows, two story, dead-on view of Coney Island and the Aqua Theater) is fantastic! The upstairs (there are two levels) is very undesirable, and not many are willing to walk the narrow stairs to get there; even with a full house down stairs.

By comparison, the Voyager class DLs with the outside deck areas that overlook the basketball/volleyball court, that's some good liv'n right there! They should all be like that.

All the DLs I have seen have the same amenities, the same appetizers, the same two computers, the same coffee/cappuccino/expresso machine, the same concierge, and different but similar furniture. Where they are located on the ship, their size, whether they have exterior windows varies. They can be a glorified cubicle or they can have a stunning view being a part of the Viking Crown lounge.

With all the port days plus 3 drinks a night there is no way I could break even on a package on Adventure this Thanksgiving. Agree with Doc above though that if they offered me a substantial discount taking into account that I get 3 drinks a night and its a ton of port days I would buy for the convenience though.