Richard Fain discusses RC's vaccine strategies

3 hours ago, TXcruzer said:

I don't believe Canada has any influence at all on the Alaskan season this year.  With the passage of the ATRA, Canada has been removed completely from the equation.

Right, but they've only been removed because of the CSO. The new law covering CSO ships wouldn't be necessary were Canada open.

2 hours ago, PhillyLady said:

All I know is that I really like RC ships and the cruise experience, BUT it took me months and months to get my refund, and every day I saw angry posts from people cursing out RC and swearing they would never sail with them again.

Now all this back and forth about vaccines, when it seems really they are just pandering to the egoist Florida governor, and welcoming all to come aboard and spread disease freely.  I cannot afford the time to quarantine and I do not want my vacation to get "messed up."

And so, I am booked on Viking out of Bermuda for the end of this month--no children allowed, all must be vaccinated and tested.  

For 2022 I have already booked two other cruises--neither of them RC yet.  

For me, safety is paramount as we return to the seas.

Truly I think that's the way to go. If someone wants to go on a for sure vaccinated cruise, choose one that doesn't depart in the US. Especially if you're flying out to the ship, it's not a huge issue to fly to another place.

1 hour ago, LovetoCruise87 said:

No, no, no. I live 20 minutes from Port Canaveral. I love the closeness when we go on a cruise. 

Sailing out of Florida is so good, even for us Texas people. The options are endless with all of the ports there.