Odyssey Of The Seas - Chris Wong

4 hours ago, CrimsonCruiser said:

Hi! Just got off Odyssey yesterday. I saw you once or twice a but you were super busy so I was scared to interrupt.

But I wanted to thank you for directions to the cat! Found it on my first day and it was a great boarding day photo.

Shame we never got to say hello. I hope you had a good cruise. Haha, you're welcome.

So in talking to the crew on odyssey I heard over and over again that their contracts would be ending at the end of the year and the extensions may not be possible as RCI tries to rotate more crew in.

Is it normal to have so many contracts end at the same time or was this a side-effect of covid and the restart process?

15 minutes ago, CrimsonCruiser said:

So in talking to the crew on odyssey I heard over and over again that their contracts would be ending at the end of the year and the extensions may not be possible as RCI tries to rotate more crew in.

Is it normal to have so many contracts end at the same time or was this a side-effect of covid and the restart process?

I wouldn't think they would want to "start from scratch" with an entire new crew.  That sounds like a recipe for lots of problems....

25 minutes ago, CrimsonCruiser said:

There are international conventions that limit the time any seafarer can stay on a ship.  Extensions have to respect these limits even if a crew member is willing to stay longer than legally permissible.  

7 hours ago, CrimsonCruiser said:

No, this is not normal.

Because the majority of crew joined the ship at the same time for the restart, a lot of the crew have similar sign-off dates. The process of changing crew member's sign-off dates has already started.

Some of us maybe required to extend, some even shorten our contract.

My contract has been extended for a couple of weeks.

On 9/24/2021 at 2:29 PM, SpeedNoodles said:

So does that mean you'll still be on Odyssey Jan 29? 🙂

On 9/24/2021 at 3:50 PM, CHRIS WONG said:

Jan 9

Dang. Was looking forward to seeing your smiling (albeit masked) face on the January 29th sailing. Hopefully, some other time.

7 hours ago, Matt said:

@CHRIS WONG Since you are Mr. Coco Cay merchandise now, does the Crown and Anchor discount on Royal Caribbean branded merchandise work on the items at the island?

When the island opened I was told no, but just curious if that has changed.

Unfortunately, no discount on CocoCay merch on the island. I don't think us crew get discount either.

On 10/3/2021 at 4:37 PM, CHRIS WONG said:
NEW CRUISE VLOG!

This week, I share with you one of the side duties I have to do as a crew member, whilst working on a cruise ship.

Awesome to see you in a temporary new role!

Also - I'm surprised (but not upset) that you're still in a "guest" cabin. Any word on when you'll be forced to give it up?