More to Explorer of the Seas going to UK?

As you probably read, Explorer of the Seas is going to the UK in 2015.  

I emailed my Royal Caribbean PR rep about the move and if it had anything to do with Adventure of the Seas' recent propulsion issues.  

Their response was....

The deployment of Explorer of the Seas to the UK is not associated with any issues with Adventure of the Seas. Stay tuned as the reason for Explorer of the Seas' deployment will become evident shortly.

Sounds to me like there's something else to be announced.  

Thing is, Adventure and Explorer are both Voyager class ships and both will have been refurbished by summer 2015.  So why would Explorer have to replace Adventure?

In the words of Yoda, meditate on this, I will.

It's obvious… they want a "hot spare" to replace any ships with mechanical problems. :)

I asked RC if the change was a result of Adventure's propulsion problems and they responded it has absolutely nothing to do with any issues on Adventure.  Furthermore, they hinted at something else to be announced that would make sense.

I think they needed to open a slot up in Port Canaveral and if I had to bet, I'd wager it's to make room for an Oasis-class ship. Just a guess

As you probably read, Explorer of the Seas is going to the UK in 2015.  

I emailed my Royal Caribbean PR rep about the move and if it had anything to do with Adventure of the Seas' recent propulsion issues.  

Their response was....

Sounds to me like there's something else to be announced.  

Thing is, Adventure and Explorer are both Voyager class ships and both will have been refurbished by summer 2015.  So why would Explorer have to replace Adventure?

In the words of Yoda, meditate on this, I will.

Travel Weekly UK reports this under their April Fool's news. I don't know if this is real or not.

Royal Caribbean to give Explorer of the Seas a British twist

Royal Caribbean International is including a Big Ben bungee and Stonehenge-themed kids play area on recently revamped Explorer of the Seas, ready for its first sailing from Southampton next year.

The US line plans to celebrate all things quintessentially British in acknowledgment of the record breaking numbers of British holidaymakers booked to cruise in 2015.

Travel Weekly UK reports this under their April Fool's news. I don't know if this is real or not.

Royal Caribbean to give Explorer of the Seas a British twist

Royal Caribbean International is including a Big Ben bungee and Stonehenge-themed kids play area on recently revamped Explorer of the Seas, ready for its first sailing from Southampton next year.

The US line plans to celebrate all things quintessentially British in acknowledgment of the record breaking numbers of British holidaymakers booked to cruise in 2015.

That is a joke but Explorer going to UK is not :)

• 1 month later...

I have just checked on RC UK Website and the Adventure will leave from Southampton on the 2nd of Nov for the last time bound for San Juan and will (according to the booking schedule on their site) be based there untill at least April 2016.

And as Matt said, Thing is, Adventure and Explorer are both Voyager class ships and both will have been refurbished by summer 2015.  So why would Explorer have to replace Adventure? .

I also think that is strange because surley it would of been easier to leave the Adventure here in the UK and send the Explorer to San Juan.

and he also said I think they needed to open a slot up in Port Canaveral and if I had to bet, I'd wager it's to make room for an Oasis-class ship. Just a guess,, and i think he is spot on with his guess  :) 

I have just checked on RC UK Website and the Adventure will leave from Southampton on the 2nd of Nov for the last time bound for San Juan and will (according to the booking schedule on their site) be based there untill at least April 2016.

And as Matt said, Thing is, Adventure and Explorer are both Voyager class ships and both will have been refurbished by summer 2015.  So why would Explorer have to replace Adventure? .

I also think that is strange because surley it would of been easier to leave the Adventure here in the UK and send the Explorer to San Juan.

and he also said I think they needed to open a slot up in Port Canaveral and if I had to bet, I'd wager it's to make room for an Oasis-class ship. Just a guess,, and i think he is spot on with his guess  :) 

That is what I have been thinking - I think they have been renovating Port Canaveral to hold bigger ships so hoping one moves to PC sometime in the future.

Explorer isn't staying in the UK though. She's coming Down Under! Woohoo! :)

That's interesting , so if that happens we will only have the Anthem based at Southampton unless (and this is only a guess)RC are going to make Southampton Allure Of The Seas home port in the UK for our Summer Season if she is successfuI in the Mediterranean next year.

NOW THAT WOULD BE COOL. :)

If that did happen which ship would go from Fort Lauderdale ?????

I dont think they were thinking just of replacing Adventure but they had already planned it to go to Australia. It can fit through the Suez Canal and not the Panama, so it'll do summer itineraries there prior to heading Downunder.

I dont think they were thinking just of replacing Adventure but they had already planned it to go to Australia. It can fit through the Suez Canal and not the Panama, so it'll do summer itineraries there prior to heading Downunder.

Sounds like Explorer won't be coming back to the UK and with Adventure based in San Juan until at least April 2016 will my guess about Allure(see 2 posts up)be right ?.

That is what I have been thinking - I think they have been renovating Port Canaveral to hold bigger ships so hoping one moves to PC sometime in the future.

I think Port Canaveral is building a new terminal and dredging the channel for an Oasis Class ship. Explorer and Adventure would already fit fine as Freedom of the Seas already docks in Port Canaveral on a regular basis.