2021 Summer cancelled and experiencing 2022 Summer Sticker Shock

We were set to sail 08/01/2020 on Liberty out of Galveston for $3366.61, Deck 7 Balcony, Party of 3

Sailing was cancelled on Friday... (Actually it was originally cancelled 03/13/2020... Paid for 12/2019)

Trying to explore Summer 2022 Options and am having a bit of sticker shock...

We don't want to Lift and Shift because Galveston Liberty sailings in our 4 week window are ALL Falmouth/Grand Cayman itineraries which we've already done and don't want to repeat.

In looking at other sailings on Liberty that Summer, they are $4244.26-4789.75 for same Deck 7 Balcony.   

Summer is pretty much only time we can do a 7-night cruise so we have to go next...

So now it's give Royal even more $$$ to redeem the $$$ I gave them in 2019 to sail in 2022...

Very Frustrating...

Sharla look out for some emails... ?

Paul

10 hours ago, Scatmanjack said:

We were set to sail 08/01/2020 on Liberty out of Galveston for $3366.61, Deck 7 Balcony, Party of 3

Sailing was cancelled on Friday... (Actually it was originally cancelled 03/13/2020... Paid for 12/2019)

Trying to explore Summer 2022 Options and am having a bit of sticker shock...

We don't want to Lift and Shift because Galveston Liberty sailings in our 4 week window are ALL Falmouth/Grand Cayman itineraries which we've already done and don't want to repeat.

In looking at other sailings on Liberty that Summer, they are $4244.26-4789.75 for same Deck 7 Balcony.   

Summer is pretty much only time we can do a 7-night cruise so we have to go next...

So now it's give Royal even more $$$ to redeem the $$$ I gave them in 2019 to sail in 2022...

Very Frustrating...

Sharla look out for some emails... ?

Paul

Unfortunately the issue is supply and demand.  A few weeks ago Carnival cruise lines CEO gave an interview where she said demand for 2022 cruises has already exceed 2019 demand and 2019 was a record breaker for the cruise industry in terms of the number of passengers setting sail. With most of the  2020 season canceled and now more than half of the 2021 season a total lost, a lot of people have already lifted and shifted their cruise vacations to 2022.  I know last year my international cruise was canceled at first I moved it to 2021 but then in November or December of last year I moved it again to May 2022 on Odyssey of the Seas out of Rome and scored a really great rate on a grand suite. I just checked the price a few days ago for Odyssey out of Rome and the price has gone up $1,000 dollars per person for the same grand suite.

My advise to you would be if you see something you want in 2022 book it now because I don't see prices going down for the 2022 cruise season and there are still a lot of people holding on to their FCCs and as this industry reopens and as general public (most people on this thread are avid cruiser who would have jump on a ship months ago if they had let us) regains confidence in the industry you are going to see more people using those FCCs to book cruises in 2022.  You can always book at a lower rate if you should find one but I would recommend you book now if you are serious about going on a cruise in 2022 because demand is will only continue to grow.  I don't think prices will come back down until 2023 but by then your FCC will have expired.

I always book cruises almost as soon as they come out.  No matter what the price is.  Usually it never goes down.  But I did have one booked that went down $1.500 for 2 so I did a price adjustment.  You can always change the rate if it goes down.   And cruise with confidence is still available.

12 minutes ago, Momof4crazytocruise said:

So you cancelled altogether rather than Lift and Shift? I think there is some wiggle room in the lift and shift if you explain your intinerary concerns - so my advice would be to talk to someone, or your travel agent, and see what can be done. It never hurts to ask the questions. 

We haven't cancelled.  Royal has cancelled on us 3x. ?  

Will either lift and shift or take augmented FCC and apply to 2022 pricing,,,

There is a sailing 15 days off from our original sail date that we are interested in Lifting to if Royal lets us...

I would call and see what your options would be to lift and shift. We were scheduled on a Southern Caribbean out of San Juan on Freedom of the Seas that was around $1,800 for a balcony. That one got cancelled, we told the rep that we didn't like any of the exact matches that were offered, they were on one of the smaller ships and didn't want that. We told the rep some of the ones we were looking at, he said he would try and get permission. We ended up lifting and shifting to Western Caribbean on Symphony of the Seas which is showing to be around $3k.

I would recommend finding a few options that are at least still the Caribbean, let the rep know you don't like your options and want to know if you can do XYZ. The worst they can do is say no, then maybe call and try to get a different rep. They were pretty easy to work with for the lift and shift just PLEASE DO NOT FORGET ask them to take down your number so if you get disconnected they can call you back. That happened to me twice and after a 30 min phone call, I was not excited to have to call back and restart the process.

5 hours ago, Scatmanjack said:

We haven't cancelled.  Royal has cancelled on us 3x. ?  

Will either lift and shift or take augmented FCC and apply to 2022 pricing,,,

There is a sailing 15 days off from our original sail date that we are interested in Lifting to if Royal lets us...

I would say pick up the phone and call your TA or if you booked with Royal directly then call Royal.

My most recent cruise Royal canceled was the inaugural cruise on Odyssey out of Fort Lauderdale in November 2021. The options they offered did not work for my schedule so I called them and was able to book a January 2022 cruise on Harmony of the Seas and the c.s. agent was able to find me a great rate for a crown loft. 

Keep in mind TA's and Royal Caribbean C.S. agents if they are good at their job can find fares that may not be published on the website. In fact for my Harmony cruise the agent quoted me one price and while she was switching everything over she found a price that was around $350 dollars cheaper per person for the crown loft.  Cruise fares are a lot like air fares, the fare you see online is only one fare it doesn't necessarily mean that fare is the lowest fare. The good news is cruise lines don't charge you for booking or speaking with a reservation agent.   So pick up the phone and call you may be surprised what a TA or a Royal agent can find.

8 hours ago, Linda R said:

I always book cruises almost as soon as they come out.  No matter what the price is.  Usually it never goes down.  But I did have one booked that went down $1.500 for 2 so I did a price adjustment.  You can always change the rate if it goes down.   And cruise with confidence is still available.

Was supposed to read $1,500.