Freedom Test Cruise Passenger??

I've always assumed that employees and family will be the optimal test cruisers.  

No one is better suited to see a successful outcome than employees and family of employees.  It also avoids a horde of social media wannabes some of who are only interested in getting likes and clicks.  Just search Youtube for anything related to cruising and many of the results include drama queens blowing stuff out of proportion because they don't care what the effect of their words are, it's just about money to them.   Subscribe, subscribe, subscribe!  Cruise lines are going out of business!  O.M.G click click click!  

I refuse to watch their drivel but you have to know because of them cruise lines don't want that kind of sensationalized coverage of what will probably be really kind of boring.  Best way to avoid that is to limit the audience to those with a vested interest.  

I also wonder if crew from one ship can volunteer to be test cruisers for another.  Completely unpaid, volunteer basis only.  "Cruise like a guest".  

1 hour ago, Matt said:

I haven’t seen any verifiable information. Not saying it hasn’t happened, but they may be starting with employees, travel agents, or others with perhaps sign a NDA. 

Out of all the agents & bloggers, I (as I'm sure most) assumed you'd be on their exclusive list. 

I suppose it might not be something they want immediately blogged tho. ?

7 hours ago, sk8erguy1978 said:

Out of all the agents & bloggers, I (as I'm sure most) assumed you'd be on their exclusive list. 

I suppose it might not be something they want immediately blogged tho. ?

For all we know @Matt HAS been chosen but can’t tell us! If he disappears for a few days in the next couple of weeks........?

2 hours ago, Linda R said:

I expect they are using employees, TA's, etc for first few test cruises.  I have doubts that all of those who signed up for test cruises will ever get called to participate.

But, you never know....

I thought you couldn't use employees for a test cruise... of course give how the rules change on a daily basis I'm probably wrong.

11 minutes ago, Jverge said:

I thought you couldn't use employees for a test cruise... of course give how the rules change on a daily basis I'm probably wrong.

From my understanding that had not changed. The cruise lines wanted that but the cdc wants regular people who will not be biased or controlled by the cruise line. I wouldn't be surprised if the cdc had a survey for passengers that week be waiting at the end with questions worded in such a way that any answer will show cruise lines can't do things safely. 

Still hoping not but the way things have been it wouldn't surprise me. 

5 hours ago, Jverge said:

Am not sure but thought they could use employees, or relatives of employees.  Or friends.  Anyway, if someone gets a call to be on a test cruise I hope they post it.  Would love to be on one myself.     I also think they may take test passengers that live fairly close.  Otherwise I expect they would have to pay the flights for people to get to the cruise  terminal.  I live in Montana, so no easy or direct flights to anywhere!