Royal Caribbean decides not to ask whether you have been vaccinated!

14 minutes ago, alamode123 said:

Nothing in this vaccine has any material that could potentially cause side effects down the road. It produces a protein found on the surface of the covid-19 virus, and is out of your system within a week. (Molecular ganatics and molecular biology degree)

All that doesn't mean you shouldn't have a choice in taking it, but there should be ramifications if you choose not to, one of which is businesses choosing to allow only vaccinated patrons.

I had my second shot last Wednesday.  I don't know about long term side effects, but it definitely had short term side effects....

14 minutes ago, UNCFanatik said:

Lol… no side effects. I guess we will just forget that the J&J vaccine had to be paused and they are currently investigating heart inflammation for ages 12-16 that have had vaccine 

You are funny for someone to talk about science and yet ignore it. 

I said potentially cause side effects DOWN THE ROAD. The current vaccines that use viruses as a carrier for the vaccine, Johnson and Johnson and Astra Zeneca, do have about a 7 in one million chance of causing blood clots. This happens almost immediately, and is highly treatable.

What most non-scientific people are concerned about IMO are effects that happen years from now. There is nothing in these vaccines that could possibly cause side effects like that.

Non scientists also falsely assume that covid vaccine research is a recent thing. Covid vaccines have been researched since SARS, seventeen years ago.

8 minutes ago, alamode123 said:

I said potentially cause side effects DOWN THE ROAD. The current vaccines that use viruses as a carrier for the vaccine, Johnson and Johnson and Astra Zeneca, do have about a 7 in one million chance of causing blood clots. This happens almost immediately, and is highly treatable.

What most non-scientific people are concerned about IMO are effects that happen years from now. There is nothing in these vaccines that could possibly cause side effects like that.

Well that's good to hear.  Why aren't they fully approved at this point and not just approved for emergency use?  That would help with some concerns people have if it's that cut and dry.

11 minutes ago, gatorskin76 said:

Well that's good to hear.  Why aren't they fully approved at this point and not just approved for emergency use?  That would help with some concerns people have if it's that cut and dry.

I agree. I believe that Pfizer and Moderna have applied for full approval in the US. I know Astra Zeneca, Pfizer and Moderna have full approval here in Canada. Not sure about other countries.

Again, not trying to bash anyone who chooses not to vaccinate, I'm just concerned about the ramification logistically, and how it will effect everyone's cruise enjoyment.

Any other scientific questions? I'll do my best to answer.

22 hours ago, Dad2Cue said:

How will Royal know if they can't ask who is and who isn't vaccinated?  This all seems silly to me because supposedly nobody will know who is vaccinated or not.  It will just be a personal choice about what people want to do to protect themselves which is fine with me.  It just seems more likely that there will be outbreaks of covid on cruise ships and then we will likely know who wasn't vaccinated.

Maybe they could ask after the cruise leaves port and then give vaccinated people a bracelet or something.  I know, it's all weird and I agree that the chances of more covid oubreaks have just increased.

22 minutes ago, alamode123 said:

While there have been no peer reviewed articles specific for COVID, adding plexiglass as part of a multi faceted approach does reduce covid contact.

https://www.webmd.com/lung/news/20200908/can-plexiglass-stop-covid

Lol.. you are a funny one. You dismiss Smokey’s studies as not being peer reviewed yet you post some link that is not peer reviewed. I’m sorry… I can’t take you seriously. And the link you posted says nothing about the virus being airborne 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.forbes.com/sites/jvchamary/2020/10/23/covid19-coronavirus-aerosols/amp/

it’s ok… I used to believe in magic as well… 

45 minutes ago, gatorskin76 said:

Full FDA approval takes time which is why the Emergency Use Authorization (EUA) was created for getting medicines a d treatments out quickly in situations where safety and efficacy have been demonstrated.

You are correct having them fully FDA approved would help alot, or at least remove one talking point from those against the vaccines.  

26 minutes ago, Jverge said:

Full FDA approval takes time which is why the Emergency Use Authorization (EUA) was created for getting medicines a d treatments out quickly in situations where safety and efficacy have been demonstrated.

You are correct having them fully FDA approved would help alot, or at least remove one talking point from those against the vaccines.  

"Talking point"....hmmmm....

1 hour ago, GatorCruiser said:

I’m vaccinated and don’t give a flip what others do. In theory, I should be safe from possible exposure to an un vaccinated individual. I have no worries about being around the unvaccinated.  Im good with that. Time to live life again and get my cruise on!!! 

Amen to That!

And when the shoe was on the other foot and royal was going the way of having the vaccine or you can't cruise.  Those unvax passengers weren't happy but accepted it.    

Oh but now the vax passengers can't handle how the Royal isn't requiring it anymore.  

I'm not going back to delete posts, but this is your reminder THIS IS NOT THE FORUM TO DISCUSS IF THE VACCINE WORKS OR EFFECACY. 

Also, if you don't agree with someone else's take, leave it be. You're not going to convince someone here of anything, other than the best cocktail at the bar.

Another pro tip, you don't have to get the last word! Leave it be.

Going forward, I will delete and lock threads.

"Why do you have to delete? Why can't you let us talk like adults"

Because it ends up being a war of words, and everyone gets annoyed and upset. 

KEEP THE DISCUSSIONS ABOUT CRUISING. 

• Matt locked this topic