Kids & Summer Cruising Questions

We are sailing Freedom out of Miami in early July and had a couple question for anyone who can help:

1. I have 2 young children that are obviously not vaccinated. How will RC deal with kids regarding boarding? Wife & I are vaccinated and I’m guessing now w/ proof there’s no testing required? But will the kids have to be tested?

2. Our passports expired before COVID. Please refresh my memory, for US citizens on closed loop sailing only a current drivers license and/or birth certificate is required, correct? 

Thanks in advance.

Wild card is what exactly will "Those who are unvaccinated or unable to verify vaccination will be required to undergo testing and follow other protocols, which will be announced at a later date." mean. Will it be along the lines of what is going to happen with Adventure, "All unvaccinated youth guests age 2 and older will take a complimentary SARS-CoV-2 test at the cruise check-in hotel in Nassau on boarding day." (Strikethrough added as an example for other sailings.) I could see a delay in boarding for guests needing testing until the results have come back. Other path could be a test taken x number of days prior to sailing.

Closed loop sailing out of US for US citizens, correct birth certificate and if 16 or older, a government issued driver's license, picture ID, denoting photo, name and date of birth.  Ref: https://help.cbp.gov/s/article/Article-74?language=en_US

2 hours ago, tonyfsu21 said:

1. I have 2 young children that are obviously not vaccinated. How will RC deal with kids regarding boarding? Wife & I are vaccinated and I’m guessing now w/ proof there’s no testing required? But will the kids have to be tested?

I think what others have said is probably accurate, but technically speaking, Royal hasn't released health protocols yet for U.S. sailings announced yesterday.

16 hours ago, tonyfsu21 said:

This sounds like a logistical nightmare. Hopefully they figure out how to expedite it. 

If they do an antigen test at check-in you’re only looking at about 5 minutes. That’s what Celebrity is doing in the Caribbean and what many UK cruises are doing. It’s an extra step but it seems fairly efficient from what I’ve heard so far. One of our kids will be tested before we board Adventure in July so we’re hoping for the same.