Rhapsody of the Seas Cancellation Nov 30, 2021 out of Rome

Hi, All

Anyone booked on Rhapsody of the seas Nov 30, 2021 out of Rome? I received email that this was being cancelled. I know that all cruises thru Aug 30 2021 are being cancelled. Does anyone know the reason this got cancelled?

More importantly, will there be any cruises planned Transatlantic from Europe to US this year in Oct/Nov time frame?

Thanks in advance!

12 minutes ago, Rhapsody of the Seas said:

Hi, All

Anyone booked on Rhapsody of the seas Nov 30, 2021 out of Rome? I received email that this was being cancelled. I know that all cruises thru Aug 30 2021 are being cancelled. Does anyone know the reason this got cancelled?

More importantly, will there be any cruises planned Transatlantic from Europe to US this year in Oct/Nov time frame?

Thanks in advance!

I’m not in RH - and to specifically why, only Royal knows - but IMO since Rhapsody is still on this side of the Atlantic, it wouldn’t make sense to sail her over.. and have a 3 month season. (RH’s whole Euro 2021 season appears to be cancelled and her next available cruise is in December on the Royal website)

As for the other TAs, Anthem, Harmony and Jewel are all in Europe and will need to return to the US for their US winter season and have/had TA’s previously scheduled. But they are also no longer available to book on the Royal website so my guess, is to say those TA’s may still happen, but only with existing passengers, no new bookings. 

Again, my thoughts only, things could and probably will change - we’ll have to wait for Royal to tell us what will actually happen. Hope this helps. 

1 hour ago, Rhapsody of the Seas said:

I don't know that we know the answer yet.

So far 3 ships will have a European season this summer:

• Harmony
  • Anthem
  • Jewel

So those would be best candidates for a TA later.

10 minutes ago, Matt said:

I don't know that we know the answer yet.

So far 3 ships will have a European season this summer:

• Harmony
  • Anthem
  • Jewel

So those would be best candidates for a TA later.

Thanks Matt!

I called RC just now and asked if there is a way I could be on a mailing list or wait list of some sort if any of the 3 above ships would sail out to the US this year (2021), to my surprise I was told that this is my own issue to deal with and they do not have such a system to provide guests with cancelled cruises for possible near future cruises with similar itinerary.

Is there any mailing list this blog has whereby people can get such notifications if any of the above 3 ships do decide to do TA from Europe to US this year?

Thanks in advance!

7 minutes ago, Rhapsody of the Seas said:

Is there any mailing list this blog has whereby people can get such notifications if any of the above 3 ships do decide to do TA from Europe to US this year?

No, but a good TA can assist. 

One good trick is to let them know what you're interested in.  I can't speak for every agent, but I know many can keep a tab on what's there and let you know if they see something.