Who's booked airfare for fall/winter cruises?

Booked to go on Odyssey at Christmas and we'll need to fly to FL. I'm torn on waiting for cruises to start to book airfare, vs taking faith in test cruises and just booking now.  Anyone else in similar situation? I just don't want to get stuck with more airfare credit that is limiting (cheapest flights currently Delta who we never fly)

We have flights booked for our September sailing out of Nassau and our January sailing out Barbados.  We did them through Air2Sea. 

We have a November sailing on Freedom that we need to get flights for....we plan on using Air2Sea again. 

I have flights in November of this year booked but I did use flight credits (from May 2020 and then moved to Nov 2020) to do so. So I didn't actually put any new money into those flights. 

1 hour ago, AshleyDillo said:

You can add after booking.

I am looking into Air2Sea to get to San Juan in April 2022, do they add it to the overall total I need to pay off on that cruise? Or do you pay for the flights up front? 

16 minutes ago, DDaley said:

I have flights in November of this year booked but I did use flight credits (from May 2020 and then moved to Nov 2020) to do so. So I didn't actually put any new money into those flights. 

I am looking into Air2Sea to get to San Juan in April 2022, do they add it to the overall total I need to pay off on that cruise? Or do you pay for the flights up front? 

It rolls into your final payment amount.

I am booked in Oct/Nov and Jan 2022, I have all my flights booked. The prices have been increasing dramatically. I had credits for the Oct/Nov but used Air2Sea for my S2S in Jan 2022. I pay for my flights when I pay the balance and even have my seats picked out. Plus they allow cancellations up to 90 days before departure.

I already bought flights for Europe cruise in September, used airline points.  Also booked Dec Caribbean cruise and used airline credits. Plus have flights arranged for March 2022 cruise.  Waiting to do Europe 2022 flight for April but too early still.  

You can rebook with airlines with no change fees  if rates drop.   And flight costs are rising daily it seems.   So far, all my flights I booked for these cruises have increased in price, since I booked them about 2+ weeks ago.

5 hours ago, Harper said:

Booked to go on Odyssey at Christmas and we'll need to fly to FL. I'm torn on waiting for cruises to start to book airfare, vs taking faith in test cruises and just booking now.  Anyone else in similar situation? I just don't want to get stuck with more airfare credit that is limiting (cheapest flights currently Delta who we never fly)

I'm in the same boat! Ha ha I have a cruise on the Symphony for Oct. 16 and don't know what to do. I hope we get word soon so that I can plan accordingly. If it doesn't work out, I would rather through my money towards my May 2022 Alaska cruise. I hate not knowing if this Fall is a go or no go.

1 hour ago, Matt said:

Agreed. And the fact airfare is refundable through A2S up until final payment date (and refundable if RC cancels the cruise) makes it a must-do these days.

Excellent point for sure when it comes to cruise accommodations.

We use Southwest for so many flights (other vacations, visiting grandchildren, etc.) that the flight credit plan works pretty well...definitely not a one-size-fits-all for everyone.

Happy Sailing! ?

2 hours ago, Matt said:

Air2Sea is the best "not sure I'm going on the cruise, but don't want to pay ridiculous airfare later" crutch

2 hours ago, smokeybandit said:

Also, "I'm still not comfortable that these cruises will actually sail"

For us it’s also “flying internationally and landing day of cruise”

....although we are pretty confident that our Nassau and Barbados cruises will go as planned