Logistics - Getting from the Airport to the Boat at Nassau / Health Visa for travel.gov.bs

Hi Everyone, 

This is the first cruise we ever taken. I got to say I'm more apprehensive than excited about it. No one seems to know what's going on when I call Royal Caribbean or the travel agent (Costco). We were told we would get an email with all the details 30 days prior to the cruse, so far nothing.  My main concern is getting back to the US after the cruise, if we test positive for some reason. They are supposed to cover it, but given what I've seen so far I'm apprehensive. Hoping I don't regret this trip. 

My question is, how are folks getting from the Airport to the Boat at Nassau. I called RC, and they at first didn't know what dock, etc. they would be leaving from. They said they could pick us up for $40. Is it worth it, or are there a lot of shuttles that would take us to British Colonial Hilton ? 

Another question is did RC give any guidance about filling out the Health Visa. There didn't seem to be a good match for all the options when I was looking to fill it out. 

Thanks! 

57 minutes ago, Rob of the Sea said:

My question is, how are folks getting from the Airport to the Boat at Nassau.

Taxi. Royal Caribbean offers transfers for the $40 per person rate. If you have more than 2 people, taxi is almost always cheaper.

18 minutes ago, smokeybandit said:

There hasn't been any hint of if there will be any provided transportation from the Hilton to the dock. It's not that far, but that's still 4/10 of a mile in mid-day heat.  Not a simple trot for some people.

I'd be willing to bet the first round of drinks after check-in, they will bus us to the ship from the BCH.

I signed up for the airport transfer offered by Royal. It's the easiest thing to do, but probably not the cheapest.

On the return, I frequently book the bus tour with airport drop off.  These usually aren't overly exciting, but they do give you something to do between the time the boat docks and your plane departs.

On a serious note, I think disembarkation will be similar to "normal". Taxis around to get one.

If you're worried, you could arrange car service.  But issue may be knowing what time you're actually going to be off the ship.

20 minutes ago, Matt said:

On a serious note, I think disembarkation will be similar to "normal". Taxis around to get one.

If you're worried, you could arrange car service.  But issue may be knowing what time you're actually going to be off the ship.

I was more thinking about where we will pick up luggage without there being a terminal.  I assume there would be some kind of customs for Bahamas but maybe its done onboard like in some ports.

13 minutes ago, wordell1 said:

I was more thinking about where we will pick up luggage without there being a terminal.  I assume there would be some kind of customs for Bahamas but maybe its dome onboard like in some ports.

Ah, that's a good point.  Off the top of my head, reverse the embarkation process.  We get bussed back to BCH to pick up luggage?

They could not have luggage pickup and make you bring it off the ship.  They've done that on shakedown cruises I've been on, but that was for not-paying volunteers.

Taxi fares are available here: https://nassaulpia.com/to-from/#local-taxi-rates

$32 + bag/extra passenger fees and tip from the airport for two people to the dock. 

"Taxi rates are based on 2 passengers. Each additional passenger is US$4.00. There is an additional fee of US$2.00 for each additional piece of luggage beyond two pieces (one suit case and one carry on per person). Oversized bags, golf bags and boxes are subject to an additional US$3.00 fee."

1 hour ago, steverk said:

I signed up for the airport transfer offered by Royal. It's the easiest thing to do, but probably not the cheapest.

On the return, I frequently book the bus tour with airport drop off.  These usually aren't overly exciting, but they do give you something to do between the time the boat docks and your plane departs.

We booked transportation to/from through Royal as well. Yes it is a bit pricey, but it’s a piece of mind. 

We opted to use the Royal transfers from the airport to check-in, but we don’t fly back home until the afternoon so we’re going to wing it then. We don’t want to be rushed to the airport and then have to sit there for hours.

The $20 transfers each way aren’t cheap but either is that taxi ride.