Liberty of the Seas out of Galveston

Liberty is scheduled for a dry dock in July.  Additionally, each ship is required to do a test cruise.  They have not yet requested one for Liberty.  I doubt your cruise will go.  Independence is there though so it's possible they could do a test with Indy and have a revenue cruise ready by your sail date but I highly doubt it.  The Galveston port has said they are ready - all up to the lines and the CDC.  So....doesn't look likely for a July 11th Liberty but you can cross your fingers for Indy replacing her. But I give that about a 10% chance of happening.

1 hour ago, Jessica G said:

Anyone else wondering if Liberty of the Seas out of Galveston is taking place? We are booked for July 11th and all We keep hearing about are the  Ports in Fl and NJ, but what about Tx? 

It's not happening, unless the CDC immediately drops the CSO, or is ordered to do so.

Thank you! Yes, it seems like every time you msge RC, they all have the same responses! That they plan to resume in July or they will notify us if anything changes. Oh and the latest, we will receive communication 30 days out from sailing, but from other social media outlets, that isn’t happening with people who are booked to sail the beginning of July. Super frustrating. 

Wow, I was schedule for Liberty the week before you.  Hoping it's the same case for me!

11 minutes ago, Rory said:

I just confirmed with Royal Caribbean that my August 29th sailing on Liberty will be automatically moved to Independence! All the reservation except different ship! So excited to still be sailing from Galveston in August!

7 minutes ago, Galveston Steve said:

Independence begins sailing from Galveston August 15th, so it looks like your cruise would be a go!

Ah... well that would be ours, then (8/15). I haven't looked at Independence at all. Guess I oughta check the ship out to see how it compares to Liberty.

7 minutes ago, HtownHolly said:

Ah... well that would be ours, then (8/15). I haven't looked at Independence at all. Guess I oughta check the ship out to see how it compares to Liberty.

She was refurbished in 2019, so that's a nice plus over Liberty. Since it hasn't been used in over a year, it should look like a new ship.

9 minutes ago, Galveston Steve said:

She was refurbished in 2019, so that's a nice plus over Liberty. Since it hasn't been used in over a year, it should look like a new ship.

Ah I see that it seems to have been amplified? My kid will be happy to see the trampoline and laser tag additions then (I think that's like what was added to Navigator?). Cool, sounds like a step up ?