Allure & Symphony get test cruise approval

Maybe this as been covered before - but why isn't RC not sailing out of NJ? I would think to get started they would move a couple ships into Port Liberty and start fully vaccinated cruises - no test cruises required.  If I understand correctly if they did this cruising could start before July or at least early July. 

28 minutes ago, icf75 said:

So am I right in thinking there is no way I can get a full cash refund?

My guess is probably not unless you booked a refundable room.  Otherwise you have to take the FCC option if you cancel under "Cruise with Confidence".  Check with your TA if you used one to book... maybe they have a their own refund policy or can get creative and sell your cruise to another party.

54 minutes ago, rcdave said:

Maybe this as been covered before - but why isn't RC not sailing out of NJ? I would think to get started they would move a couple ships into Port Liberty and start fully vaccinated cruises - no test cruises required.  If I understand correctly if they did this cruising could start before July or at least early July. 

Most likely there is not a port agreement yet

4 hours ago, icf75 said:

So am I right in thinking there is no way I can get a full cash refund?

The only ways to get a cash refund would be:

1. You booked refundable cruise fare and cancel before final payment date
  2. Royal Caribbean cancels your cruise instead of you cancelling

If you are using FCCs, you would be correct that those are past the point of being able to get a cash refund.

9 minutes ago, Matt said:

The only ways to get a cash refund would be:

1. You booked refundable cruise fare and cancel before final payment date
  2. Royal Caribbean cancels your cruise instead of you cancelling

If you are using FCCs, you would be correct that those are past the point of being able to get a cash refund.

If you have FCC's that haven't been assigned to a future cruise, I would assume those would be refundable?  Since the cruise they were issued for wasn't a voluntary cancellation?  I have a few that I haven't applied to Nov and March cruises where I paid for refundable deposits, and I would assume that the original FCC's would be refundable.  I thought the original program mentioned that if you changed your mind later that you could request a refund of the original amount, not the extra 25% obviously.

Well, looks like I might be officially done with Royal Caribbean for good.

After canceling my honeymoon cruise (proceeded by Michael Bayley "Yippee" Facebook post) all bookings that would have worked around the dates we are able to cruise have been filled. We didn't even have a chance to rebook.

Apologies if I sound angry or am out of line thinking this, but priority should have been given to displaced customers for the new cruise dates, which isn't exactly possible when RC sends the the official cancelation announcement Friday afternoon at 3:00 PM.

Thank everyone here for all their help and information while trying to navigate this situation. You all have been exponentially more helpful than RC has.

1 hour ago, gatorskin76 said:

If you have FCC's that haven't been assigned to a future cruise, I would assume those would be refundable?

Unfortunately FCCs are only refundable up to a certain date. If they were FCCs from 2020, that refund date is long gone.

On 6/5/2021 at 3:41 PM, NickNafster79 said:

Well, looks like I might be officially done with Royal Caribbean for good.

After canceling my honeymoon cruise (proceeded by Michael Bayley "Yippee" Facebook post) all bookings that would have worked around the dates we are able to cruise have been filled. We didn't even have a chance to rebook.

Apologies if I sound angry or am out of line thinking this, but priority should have been given to displaced customers for the new cruise dates, which isn't exactly possible when RC sends the the official cancelation announcement Friday afternoon at 3:00 PM.

Thank everyone here for all their help and information while trying to navigate this situation. You all have been exponentially more helpful than RC has.

Well, small glimmer of hope. The CR supervisor I spoke to Saturday evening said he expected more sailing during the month of July to be announced.

Is this any potential truth to this, or was he simply trying to get me off the phone?