Allure & Symphony get test cruise approval

7 minutes ago, icf75 said:

It may well go but I need to know 30 days prior as that’s when I need to cancel the alternative accommodation I have booked.

Keep in mind that they are requiring anyone 12 and over to be vaccinated - that has already been announced. If your kids are over 12, they may not have been able to get it in UK.

Keep in mind also that it will be tentative until Allure passes it test cruise - only a few weeks before.  We don't know how long it will take to be approved by the CDC for full cruises.  I doubt you will have certainty within the 30 days you are requiring.

31 minutes ago, jensspark said:

July should definitely be cancelled and done with. The big unknown are the cruises that fall within a few weeks after the test cruises take place. Someone like me who has an 8/14 sailing on Symphony gets stuck in limbo. This is my first Oasis class sailing, so I don't want to cancel if there's a chance. BUT, if there's no chance, then I would prefer to get moving and cancel/re-book on Adventure for the same week. 

Finger crossed you get some answers soon.  Adventure is a great ship I've sailed on her numerous times but there is nothing that can compare to an Oasis Class ship.  My fingers are crossed your sailing does not get canceled.

50 minutes ago, JasonOasis said:

Finger crossed you get some answers soon.  Adventure is a great ship I've sailed on her numerous times but there is nothing that can compare to an Oasis Class ship.  My fingers are crossed your sailing does not get canceled.

Thanks! We were booked on Oasis for Thanksgiving 2020 in a 2 bedroom Aqua Theater suite (dream cruise!!!) which of course didn't happen. Our anniversary is 8/3, but we pushed back to 8/14 to give more time and because we wanted an itinerary we had done before so we could enjoy the ship in port. We're based in Houston, so have sailed Liberty many times and were ready to move up to the next level!!

I'm probably going to double book for that week and then use Cruise with Confidence for a FCC and cancel Adventure if Symphony gets the green light. I'd rather have 2 booked than hold out and get a last minute cancellation without another option. I know we'll use the FCC and would prefer the 125% since I'm having to book that Aqua Theater suite in the future (son graduates in 2024, so will book as soon as it goes on sale).

38 minutes ago, jensspark said:

Thanks! We were booked on Oasis for Thanksgiving 2020 in a 2 bedroom Aqua Theater suite (dream cruise!!!) which of course didn't happen. Our anniversary is 8/3, but we pushed back to 8/14 to give more time and because we wanted an itinerary we had done before so we could enjoy the ship in port. We're based in Houston, so have sailed Liberty many times and were ready to move up to the next level!!

I'm probably going to double book for that week and then use Cruise with Confidence for a FCC and cancel Adventure if Symphony gets the green light. I'd rather have 2 booked than hold out and get a last minute cancellation without another option. I know we'll use the FCC and would prefer the 125% since I'm having to book that Aqua Theater suite in the future (son graduates in 2024, so will book as soon as it goes on sale).

I'm crossing my fingers with you. We booked 8/14 on Symphony pre-covid, and have been holding our breath. The 2022 August Symphony cruises are out of our price range at this point, even with the 125% FCC, so we would only want to Lift & Shift if canceled. I just looked on the RCL website, and the 8/14 sailing is not available to book at the moment. This could just be an IT glitch, or they are already at the capacity they want, but I'm feeling defeated at the moment. Still...fingers crossed. 

7 minutes ago, JoeFan said:

I feel cheated, like they never intended for Symphony to sail in July. 

They would love for the CSO to go away so they can sail - sadly the CDC isn't backing off and they now have to to the test cruises, on CDC's schedule.  That they aren't sailing in July isn't Royals' fault.

The issue that I have with Royal is that they have not been communicating to their customers as to the situation and should heve cancelled these cruises so that people can make other summer vacation plans.

9 hours ago, Jill said:

Sorry @UNCFanatik See if you can move it to October/November. 

I’m hopeful my late October symphony will now sail. Hopefully the CDC won’t drag its feet approving revenue cruises. I guess Freedom will be our first clue how fast they approve. 

I just don't get the difference.

I understand vaccinated cruises bypassing the need for test cruise. But if you test cruise does that mean you can sail with 0% vaccinated? Given that, then I see why cruise lines would want to test cruise. 

But what are the differences for passengers on vaccinated vs non-vaccinated?

Vaccinated = No Masks

Non-Vaccinated = Masks for all

Given the option then I want a vaccinated cruise.

8 minutes ago, wordell1 said:

They would love for the CSO to go away so they can sail - sadly the CDC isn't backing off and they now have to to the test cruises, on CDC's schedule.  That they aren't sailing in July isn't Royals' fault.

The issue that I have with Royal is that they have not been communicating to their customers as to the situation and should heve cancelled these cruises so that people can make other summer vacation plans.

They have ships doing test cruises in June. Why so long for this test cruise? It sounds like a Royal problem and not a CDC problem? I am simply talking about the timing. Get that ship out for a test cruise sooner.

7 minutes ago, JoeFan said:

They have ships doing test cruises in June. Why so long for this test cruise? It sounds like a Royal problem and not a CDC problem? I am simply talking about the timing. Get that ship out for a test cruise sooner.

They have to apply to the CDC.  This is not an easy process. 

10 minutes ago, JoeFan said:

But what are the differences for passengers on vaccinated vs non-vaccinated?

Vaccinated = No Masks

Non-Vaccinated = Masks for all

Given the option then I want a vaccinated cruise.

Its more like 

Vaccinated = no mask

Non Vaccinated = Really complicated -no masks for vaccinated folks in some situations - mostly when they are separated from vaccinated folks into "vaccinated areas" - lots of other silly rules.

8 minutes ago, wordell1 said:

Its more like 

Vaccinated = no mask

Non Vaccinated = Really complicated -no masks for vaccinated folks in some situations - mostly when they are separated from vaccinated folks into "vaccinated areas" - lots of other silly rules.

Sounds even worse and confusing. Makes me wish they just said lets sail ASAP with Vaccinated. 

8 minutes ago, JoeFan said:

Sounds even worse and confusing. Makes me wish they just said lets sail ASAP with Vaccinated. 

The problem is that the CDC requires 95% vaccinated in order to achieve that.  Royals customer base is full of families with kids who are too young to be vaccinated and it would be impossible to achieve the 95%.  The CDC doesn't care that this group is the least likely to spread the virus.

10 minutes ago, wordell1 said:

I used to respect the CDC.  I don't think the CDC has been following the science for a long time.

Too much politics with the CDC these days. You know if the cruise lines were based in the US and had a powerful union they could have written their own rules with CDC like teachers unions did… lol

11 minutes ago, wordell1 said:

The problem is that the CDC requires 95% vaccinated in order to achieve that.  Royals customer base is full of families with kids who are too young to be vaccinated and it would be impossible to achieve the 95%.  The CDC doesn't care that this group is the least likely to spread the virus.

Today you can vaccinate 12 & up and they are working on getting younger. Like I said, start now and vaccines will open up for younger soon enough. They want them back in school. Get back to less restricted cruising sooner sounds like the best route. So the people with younger children will have to wait. It's not like they are going to be able to cruise with them during this summer break any how.

1 hour ago, JoeFan said:

Today you can vaccinate 12 & up and they are working on getting younger. Like I said, start now and vaccines will open up for younger soon enough. They want them back in school. Get back to less restricted cruising sooner sounds like the best route. So the people with younger children will have to wait. It's not like they are going to be able to cruise with them during this summer break any how.

I wonder how they were able to test the long term impacts on a 12 year old, much less younger than 12.  Out of 580k covid deaths there are 309 attributed to Covid in the 0-17 year age group.

Maybe they should make anyone over 50 wait.

1 hour ago, JoeFan said:

Opening up vaccination and people getting their kids vaccinated are 2 totally different things.  Cruises and schools may want them vaccinated but as of a couple days ago, only 15% of kids 12-15 had been vaccinated with wide open availability. I predict it caps out at 30% max, even less for under 12.  I and my husband (and many of our friends) are fully vaccinated and have chosen not to vaccinate our teens.  

11 minutes ago, Jkaczano said:

Opening up vaccination and people getting their kids vaccinated are 2 totally different things.  Cruises and schools may want them vaccinated but as of a couple days ago, only 15% of kids 12-15 had been vaccinated with wide open availability. I predict it caps out at 30% max, even less for under 12.  I and my husband (and many of our friends) are fully vaccinated and have chosen not to vaccinate our teens.  

I wouldn't vaccinate my 15 year old except that he is booked with us in November and I think the vaccination requirments will still be in place.

52 minutes ago, wordell1 said:

I wouldn't vaccinate my 15 year old except that he is booked with us in November and I think the vaccination requirments will still be in place.

Out of curiosity, could someone please provide a link to anywhere on the royal caribbean website requiring vaccines for under 18 for ports other than Seattle or Bahamas?  I keep hearing they’re required but this is all I can find 

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/faq/questions/do-i-need-a-covid-vaccine-to-cruise-what-counts-as-proof

8 hours ago, wordell1 said:

My 15 year old is booked with us in November for our Oasis Thanksgiving sailing. If the mandate to vaccinate her is still a protocol to sail we will not sail. The balance is due in August.  If the most updated requirements to sail say 12+ must be vaccinated I won't even pay for the sailing in full ? just buckle up and wait for months and months for them to return my deposit monies, I would not have booked if I knew I couldn't have adhered to the policies in place. I am sad but can't abide by this policy, will strategically cancel moving forward. 

24 minutes ago, Neesa said:

My 15 year old is booked with us in November for our Oasis Thanksgiving sailing. If the mandate to vaccinate her is still a protocol to sail we will not sail. The balance is due in August.  If the most updated requirements to sail say 12+ must be vaccinated I won't even pay for the sailing in full ? just buckle up and wait for months and months for them to return my deposit monies, I would not have booked if I knew I couldn't have adhered to the policies in place. I am sad but can't abide by this policy, will strategically cancel moving forward. 

I am with you.  I get Royal has been in a tough and IMO unfair spot.  We allegedly sail Symphony Aug 21. I have 2 kids in the 12 to 16 group.  We are not Anti Vaxers but will not be giving this vaccine to them. That said, things change, I get it. But don't twist me into a pretzel and make me jump through hoops to get a refund.  Let's just part ways as the requirements since I booked changed and give me my money back. This was a rebook of my cancelled April 2020. I'm $8k into this trip already, not a easy or small number to just walk away from. Royal should do the right thing, which is a little different everyone. Time will tell if I will be "Loyal to Royal"

Based on all the approvals for test cruises (Simulated Voyages) I think anyone with fear that the are going to have to vaccinate their children to cruise have misplaced concerns.

Personally I would rather see it go that way, as then we an definitely drop the mask indoors mandate, but it sure looks like it is heading in the other direction.  I'm also OK with that as being vaccinated my risk is so small that I consider it negligible.  With the Port Agreements  required by the CDC in place even if there is some outbreak in others on the ship, there is a plan to disembark all passenger and the it will just be a matter of testing me and I can go on my way.

image.jpeg.324ebabc8a1271a99dccf1cfaa2e29db.jpeg

42 minutes ago, Neesa said:

The CSO ends before November so I actually think there is a good chance that the protocols would change at that point (assuming the CDC doesn't just renew it).  The problem is that I don't think we will know what Royal will do until November.

Once again, my foolish optimism has me hoping for something that isn't likely, but thought I'd throw it out here first.

My cruise on the Allure is July 18. From what folks have said, RC would be doing test cruises regardless of the Florida vaccine passport ban because they want kids/families to be able to board their ships.

There also has been talk (based on local reports and Forbes) that work is going on behind the scenes to let the 95/98 vaccine passport threshold happen for cruises while allowing DeSantis to save face politically by saying there's nothing he could do stop federal regulation of ships that sail in international waters. 

With the Allure doing a test cruise on July 27, is there a snowball's chance in hell that my July 17 cruise could still happen with the 95/98 vaccine requirement beforehand?

8 minutes ago, NickNafster79 said:

Once again, my foolish optimism has me hoping for something that isn't likely, but thought I'd throw it out here first.

My cruise on the Allure is July 18. From what folks have said, RC would be doing test cruises regardless of the Florida vaccine passport ban because they want kids/families to be able to board their ships.

There also has been talk (based on local reports and Forbes) that work is going on behind the scenes to let the 95/98 vaccine passport threshold happen for cruises while allowing DeSantis to save face politically by saying there's nothing he could do stop federal regulation of ships that sail in international waters. 

With the Allure doing a test cruise on July 27, is there a snowball's chance in hell that my July 17 cruise could still happen with the 95/98 vaccine requirement beforehand?

The CSO would have to be removed or significantly altered.  There is a small chance that it could still happen (Fl lawsuit, CDC suddenly gets some common sense) but you are most likely out of luck.

9 minutes ago, NickNafster79 said:

Overall, I would say there is no chance

But if we are speaking theoretically, lets say that they wanted to sail with the vaccine requirement. Like you mentioned, they would need to get past the DeSantis hurdle with the Law.

THEN, what is the makeup of your July 17th cruise, is 95% even attainable with the amount of kids under 12 on board AND the amount of 12-16 year olds where parents do not want to vaccinate their children. 

SO, what would need to happen? Cancel that cruise and rebook only vaccinated people? Cancel the families with children under 12? No easy answers there

Let me drag out my dead horse here and again say, THIS is why Royal needs to announce plans with July/ /august cruises TODAY cause people still believe their July cruises will sail because of no official cancellation announcement yet 

1 hour ago, UNCFanatik said:

Overall, I would say there is no chance

But if we are speaking theoretically, lets say that they wanted to sail with the vaccine requirement. Like you mentioned, they would need to get past the DeSantis hurdle with the Law.

THEN, what is the makeup of your July 17th cruise, is 95% even attainable with the amount of kids under 12 on board AND the amount of 12-16 year olds where parents do not want to vaccinate their children. 

SO, what would need to happen? Cancel that cruise and rebook only vaccinated people? Cancel the families with children under 12? No easy answers there

Let me drag out my dead horse here and again say, THIS is why Royal needs to announce plans with July/ /august cruises TODAY cause people still believe their July cruises will sail because of no official cancellation announcement yet 

I know RC customer service didn't know anything yesterday. I'm wondering if they've been advised differently for calls this weekend.

Regardless, you are absolutely right. They need to announce cancelations immediately if it's as sure thing as it seems. I'm lucky enough that I can drive to Orlando, but many folks can't and have book flights, hotels, etc. Even a full refund won't make them whole.

5 hours ago, CruiseGus said:

Based on all the approvals for test cruises (Simulated Voyages) I think anyone with fear that the are going to have to vaccinate their children to cruise have misplaced concerns.

Personally I would rather see it go that way, as then we an definitely drop the mask indoors mandate, but it sure looks like it is heading in the other direction.  I'm also OK with that as being vaccinated my risk is so small that I consider it negligible.  With the Port Agreements  required by the CDC in place even if there is some outbreak in others on the ship, there is a plan to disembark all passenger and the it will just be a matter of testing me and I can go on my way.

image.jpeg.324ebabc8a1271a99dccf1cfaa2e29db.jpeg

I hope you are correct, I would never be happier to have misplaced concerns.  That being said, I'll be relieved when we know for sure.  I have a November and March cruise planned.  I was so close to booking for 8/1 or earlier to ensure that we got at least one cruise without the 12 and up restriction, and we know now that it wouldn't have mattered.  Like many others I have had multiple cruises cancelled and am now sitting on FCC's that would cover the two booked cruises and then some.  

Here is why I am concerned.  Fain was pretty clear, or at least it seemed so, that anyone that was eligible to vaccinated would be vaccinated when he recorded his video to travel agents a few weeks back.  The original website FAQ said US sailings.  They updated it later, and maybe they only ever intended it to be for Washington, but....Now part of me says it would be silly for them to update their website to clarify to Washington if they planned for it to be US down the road anyway, but then I am assuming competence from Royal's communication team, which probably isn't a safe assumption.  I personally think changing it should have only been done if they knew that the requirement wouldn't be there for other sailings, since it kind of implies that, but I know that it's not guaranteed that is the case.

From Royal Caribbean:

The moment we’ve all been waiting for is here — this is the green light for adventure! Cruises from the U.S. return this July with a full lineup of award-winning ships. We’re getting back to the Caribbean and back to what we do best — making vacation memories with you. 

As we begin our journey to a gradual and safe operational return, we have  carefully followed the guidance from the Healthy Sail Panel, the U.S. Centers for Disease Control & Preventions (CDC), and various government and health authorities to pave our path forward, ensuring the well-being of your clients, our crew, and the communities we visit. Our approach will remain very deliberate and methodical. It is for these reasons that our fleetwide return will be progressive in nature, with a roll-out plan spanning across the next several months. A subsequent communication detailing the protocols and boarding requirements your clients can expect for our U.S. based ships will be shared at a later date.

We can’t wait to welcome you and your clients onboard again. Come back and
Come Seek the Royal Caribbean®.

While we are thrilled about our long-awaited return to service in the U.S., we regrettably must cancel the following sailings as we prepare:

Allure of the Seas®departing Port Canaveral: July 4-August 1, 2021

Brilliance of the Seas® departing Tampa: July 3-August 28, 2021

Enchantment of the Seas® departing Baltimore: July 1-August 26, 2021

Explorer of the Seas® departing Galveston: July 5-Sept 22 & October 25, 2021

Freedom of the Seas® departing Bayonne: July 3-October 23, 2021

Harmony of the Seas® departing Barcelona & Rome: July 4-August 12, 2021

Harmony of the Seas® departing Rome: August 19 & 26, 2021

Liberty of the Seas® departing Galveston: July 4-August 8, 2021

Mariner of the Seas® departing Port Canaveral: July 2-August 20, 2021

Oasis of the Seas® departing Bayonne: July 2-August 29, 2021

Rhapsody of the Seas® departing Ravenna/Venice: July 3-November 30, 2021

Symphony of the Seas® departing Miami: July 3-August 7, 2021

We understand the disappointment these cancelations may cause to your clients. For those not previously canceled under our Cruise with Confidence program, please click the Canceled Sailings button below to review compensation options, which will also be communicated to impacted guests shortly

D1566139-2524-4093-8056-E6C51274E4B9.jpeg

6877FDAF-92B6-4492-AA73-FD9B70CBFE98.jpeg

A9B4C176-9CC6-4CB3-96D3-C9863A11123B.jpeg

Slight tweaks to CDC test cruise guidance

This item was removed re: shore excursions.

Self-guided or independent exploration by passengers during port stops must be prohibited

The post cruise testing guidance was clarified to exclude those with documented covid recovery from being part of the "at least 75%" that need post-cruise testing.

Also added is that those vaccinated need to follow the vaccinated people rules.

So really removing the ban on non-cruise line excursions is the only noteworthy change.

Would I be right to assume these new conditions will be in place for my 22nd August allure cruise?

If so and as my children will not be vaccinated, will rcl offer me a cancellation with 125% fcc? As this clearly was not the policy when I booked. Or will they use the ‘we reserve the right to change conditions’ clause?

27 minutes ago, icf75 said:

Would I be right to assume these new conditions will be in place for my 22nd August allure cruise?

The only protocols we know of are what they announced for Adventure from Bahamas.

27 minutes ago, icf75 said:

If so and as my children will not be vaccinated, will rcl offer me a cancellation with 125% fcc?

For summer cruises, it looks like vaccination will be optional. Things can change, and Royal has promised updates for protocols and rules later. Not sure when.

28 minutes ago, icf75 said:

As this clearly was not the policy when I booked. Or will they use the ‘we reserve the right to change conditions’ clause?

Standard cancellation rules apply, unless you take the 100% FCC from Cruise with Confidence so you can book something else down the line.

20 minutes ago, Matt said:

The only protocols we know of are what they announced for Adventure from Bahamas.

For summer cruises, it looks like vaccination will be optional. Things can change, and Royal has promised updates for protocols and rules later. Not sure when.

Standard cancellation rules apply, unless you take the 100% FCC from Cruise with Confidence so you can book something else down the line.

So am I right in thinking there is no way I can get a full cash refund?