Where’s Waaaytooo?

Jill

12 hours ago, JLMoran said:

Glad to see you back here, Raye! How is the new house and (sorta?) new job coming along?

Everything down here is wonderful.  I just love living in FL.

The house is moving forward.  The outside is mostly completed (we now have a roof with tiles !!).  It's a big mystery what comes next.  We have always been able to predict what their next move on the house would be, based on how they have completed houses that are a bit ahead of us in the construction process....but once the construction moves indoors, I have absolutely no idea how the process works. So we will be learning daily what they are doing (we go over every day...sometimes more than once !!).  We anticipate that we will be closing and moving in probably in September.   Our original completion date was projected to be Sept/Oct so they are pretty much on target, as far as we can tell.

Job is great, too.  I was in DC last week but that has been the only trip I have made in 6 months.  Dan is still working full time and received full telework approval so things couldn't be any better with our relocation "plan".  He will be able to continue to work full time right up until our cruises begin encroaching on his leave allocation.  Once that happens, his options are to retire or do what I did and become a part time contractor.  We will not worry about that until it happens.  We still haven't gone on a cruise !  I think it will happen in July but nothing is certain.  It seems things change daily and b/c we are not getting vaccinated, that complicates our situation even more than most peoples'.  We will go with the flow.  Whatever happens, happens. 

• 1 month later...