B2B Laundry Question

Hi all,

We have never done a Back 2 Back cruise before but we are planning on doing so in June. What is the laundry situation like? Does anybody have any tips? We wouldn't need to clean all of our clothes but it would be nice to not have to pack 14 pairs of some things.

Any advice would be appreciated!

7 minutes ago, steverk said:

Have you tried using google maps to find the nearest laundry to your cruise port?  I think you are allowed to disembark the ship between sailings for a few hours.  If there's a laundry nearby, you could go straight there and do your laundry.

I thought of doing this for a B2B this November, but I decided against it because it would be too much hassle while on vacation.  I don't like waiting for the laundry cycle to be done. Even if it was a "wash & fold" service, I'd be too impatient to wait for them to be done.  So I'll just use the laundry service on the ship.  In the past, I've used the "fit all you can in the bag" offer.

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/content/dam/royal/resources/pdf/laundry-service-price-list.pdf

1 hour ago, PG Cruiser said:

In the past, I've used the "fit all you can in the bag" offer.

Get a heavy duty bag about the size of the "fit all you can in the bag" bag. Stuff it full, squeeze all the air out of it and stuff it full again. Once totally packed put it inside the RC supplied bag. You can get a lot more clothes in there that way.

8 minutes ago, Matt said:

We've got a B2B in 12 days (!!!!!), and my plan is to send out the dry cleaning during the cruise. Might make most sense to send it out on day 1 of the second leg.

If you send it out on the last night of the first leg, will you get it back on the first day of the second?  Would this even be allowed?

14 minutes ago, Matt said:

We've got a B2B in 12 days (!!!!!), and my plan is to send out the dry cleaning during the cruise. Might make most sense to send it out on day 1 of the second leg.

Us too!! Everybody talking about the B2B made us add the second cruise on today!

I will plan to do the same. And thank you to @stevendom57and @PG Cruiserfor the suggestions for laundry!

I did an 8 night then a 6 night on Adventure in January 2020. 

i sent most of my clothes out to be washed the second to last day of the first cruise.   Our room steward took care of everything. 

I didn’t care about wearing the same clothes on the second leg.  They were clean. That’s all that mattered. 

so some great suggestions here on using the ships laundry.

we are simple folks and on a b2b, we have used the simple method of a 2 gallon freezer zip lock bag that easily does some under wear and socks just add liquid soap and water, agitate in bag, rinse twice, air dry.  Gets us through, of course I spend most days in either swim trunks or gym shorts and a T shirt, wife does the same. we change out before and after dinner and those items can then be worn multiple times.

BTW, we manage a b2b on a carry-on and back pack, never check luggage at an airport. Learned early on not to come home with unworn clothes, which happened the first could of time when we over packed.

Luv B2B's

We’ve done several B2Bs including Transatlantics, and 24 day Transpacifics so we always utilize the onboard laundry services.  The wash & fold option is great for pj’s, socks and undies.  Some shorts and tees come out pretty good depending on the fabric but unless it’s beach wear you can surely repeat some outfits.  Taking several shirts or tops that can go with the same pants, shirts or capris works too.  The dry cleaning services work well too and are pretty reasonable.  Some Crown & Anchor levels also offer a complimentary bag of laundry as an onboard benefit  

5 hours ago, PG Cruiser said:

If you send it out on the last night of the first leg, will you get it back on the first day of the second?  Would this even be allowed?

Nope, so that’s why I thought first day of leg 2 would make most sense. 

You could also do a smaller laundry batch on day 3 or 4 of each leg. 

We done a few B2B and you will get an offer to fill a bag with as much as you can stuff into it for a price. We are mindful of what we put in the bag as the washing machine is really hot so some fabrics will shrink; trust me. So we would use the dry cleaning option for anything good; like my wife dress or my suit, which we may have spilt something on and the balance stuff that bag until it nearly bursts. No to last day and back next cruise. 

Also for B2B you normally have a meeting of the B2B people to advise on what to od, pre-book dinner and alike, so ask them about laundry and they may offer you a special rate for a bag of washing for the next leg.