What's the first thing you're going to do?

First I'm gonna cry because we are finally back on a cruise ship and on Oasis headed to Coco Cay which we have been trying to get to for well over a year. Then we are gonna go to our Central Park balcony and check out all the goodies I ordered for the start of our cruise. Its become tradition that I order a bunch of things for embarkation day, flowers for the wife and note to her and our son. Some sweets like chocolate covered strawberries which my wife and son love. And usually a few other things and then we will sit out on our balcony and take in Central park in all its glory as we have never sailed Oasis. 

13 days away for me. We will be dropping our stuff into our cabin, then heading to Chops to finalize our 3 night dining reservations, then getting something to eat. After that, we will be getting a drink! Or maybe 2.

My favorite part of the first day is sail away, I plan to be on the helicopter pad!.

Gonna go "horizontal". Seems most boarding go straight for the top decks "vertical" . I prefer to go maybe a deck up to the promenade then walk its length taking the stairs or elevator at the far end  to the top decks second... Once up top do the windjammer then cut the kids loose to explore....

I've said this multiple times when discussing the pandemic because there are others who have really suffered but I've lost two years that I will never get back of cruising and going to Michigan football games with my son - we are both graduates continuing a long family tradition on both sides. Yeah, first world problems!

But this is a huge deal for me at my age. Losing two years of cruising, something similar to loosing chunks of heart and soul, to the shut down of life sucks when you know there aren't many years of that left.

We have a routine. The first thing we say when walking into the Grand Foyer is, "honey, I'm home." We go from there.

I liked the post that said, the first thing I'm going to do is ..... tip a crew member! Fantastic. I think I'll bring a stack of bills and each crew member I encounter is going to get one until I run one

When we cruised with Disney, I always had tears of joy when we boarded and they announced our name. Always. I didn't get that when we last cruised with Royal, BUT! I guarantee you those tears of joy will be there when we board Oasis on Dec 26th. After the tears, we will head to the Suites/Concierge lounge for snacks and adult bevs, shore up any loose ends with them, grab some lunch, and walk around. I cannot wait!

Say a prayer of extreme gratitude that we live in a world where amazing vaccines can be created and distributed so quickly to help save so many lives and help us get back to "normal".

Then, it's off to the first bar we can find to have an "embarkation" cocktail and get the B2B cruise party started on Symphony. ? 

Wow - glad to see crying is a common response and I'm not alone!   When I booked my son's first shot I burst into tears on the phone and the nurse says "happy tears"  me "yea"  her "that's good - let it out, you're not alone I really do get this response a lot"   lol.   

Maybe the ships should have giant tissue boxes beside the hand sanitizers as we all board!   Followed with bubbly!

Order the drink of the day and then a slow walk through the entire ship reacquainting ourselves with our home away from home that we have not visited since January ‘19 and hoping we see some familiar faces. 

Stand by the Starboard railing watching the dolphins swimming by.

Edited by CrznTxn
Additional content

Long time lurker and decided to join the site in order to respond.  My wife I have love the responses thus far, especially tears for joy, drink of the day, etc.  We're seriously considering getting a $50 in singles, writing "We're so glad we're back, THANK YOU!" and handing each out to members of the crew we see -- greeters, cleaning crew, flow rider staff, soft serve attendants, Washy Washy staff, etc.  We can't wait for our 11/14/21 Allure trip with family and friends. 

Our's isn't till January -- Anthem out of Bayonne, timed to fall between mine & my husband's 60th birthdays. Hope by then they'll have worked out all the kinks, in terms of masks, distancing, etc, and we can just have a good time!  We're all vaxxed, & I may even need to get a booster by then, but we will do what it takes to go!

Our usual is lunch, drinks, drop off carry-ons in the room, and probably watch sail-away from our balcony, or 270-- it will be a might chilly to be outside ?