FCC as a Deposit?

Hi All,

My wife and I are making our plans to go on an August 2022 Caribbean cruise out of Cape Liberty on Oasis of the Seas (going to San Juan, Labadee, St. Marteen). This was to replace our August 2020 cruise that was canceled. As a result, we each received a $250 FCC.

Based on my research, I am allowed to use the $500 in FCC to use as a deposit, correct?

When I get to the final reservation page, it is still asking for credit card info before clicking on the finish button. I did put in both certificate numbers to meet the minimum $500 requirement. Did anyone else run into this? Did it charge your card and then apply the FCC? Or will it apply the FCC first and then not charge your card?

Btw, my plan was to book the cruise and then immediately transfer to MEI. However, I just filled out the yellow MEI quote box on the home page. Maybe I should just wait for a response and work through it with an MEI agent?

Thanks!

Yes, you can use FCC for a deposit. 

12 minutes ago, RockerDom31 said:

Maybe I should just wait for a response and work through it with an MEI agent?

It would certainly make the process easier.  They can handle the all the details related to FCC vs deposit.

Update: Daniel W from MEI took care of everything from start to finish! The whole process was done via email in one day. My wife and I are officially booked for August 5, 2022 Oasis of the Seas out of Cape Liberty. FCC from the canceled cruise was applied as the minimum deposit.

Daniel was straightforward and easy to communicate with. He was very thorough and detailed. I would highly recommend him and MEI!

22 hours ago, RockerDom31 said:

Hi All,

My wife and I are making our plans to go on an August 2022 Caribbean cruise out of Cape Liberty on Oasis of the Seas (going to San Juan, Labadee, St. Marteen). This was to replace our August 2020 cruise that was canceled. As a result, we each received a $250 FCC.

Based on my research, I am allowed to use the $500 in FCC to use as a deposit, correct?

When I get to the final reservation page, it is still asking for credit card info before clicking on the finish button. I did put in both certificate numbers to meet the minimum $500 requirement. Did anyone else run into this? Did it charge your card and then apply the FCC? Or will it apply the FCC first and then not charge your card?

Btw, my plan was to book the cruise and then immediately transfer to MEI. However, I just filled out the yellow MEI quote box on the home page. Maybe I should just wait for a response and work through it with an MEI agent?

Thanks!

Another option for anybody else ….. if you call Royal and speak to a reservation agent, they’ll make the reservation and apply the FCC to the deposit for you.  That’s how I made my reservations using 15 FCC’s between 3 people ……… they’ll even apply multiple FCC’s towards the same cruise when you call.