Adjoining rooms and noise?

Friends of ours are joining us on our next cruise on Allure of the Sea! ? They are in an ocean view balcony and it is a connecting room. They will have a strangers in the connecting room. My question is how much louder is the connecting room than the a regular room? The connecting room is closer to ours than a open regular balcony room. An open balcony room on the same floor is available. Should they switch out the room due to noise levels?

35 minutes ago, foxrunner said:

My question is how much louder is the connecting room than the a regular room?

Negligible, if any. The walls aren’t soundproof to start with, but I wouldn’t characterize connecting door as something that will necessarily be more noisy.  

I guess the question might be is it too late to change rooms within same category to a non connecting room? I don’t think it’s an issue of noise, so much as it is leaving connecting rooms for someone that wants to book both.  

Unless of course it’s slim pickings and then that makes total sense. 

8 hours ago, OutToSea said:

depends how load the screaming is ?

This. My daughters were in a connecting room next to our cabin on our first cruise, and one night my older daughter got into a horrible fight with her then-boyfriend. Woke my wife and me out of a sound sleep in the middle of the night. But that was the only time we heard anything from their room.

I think the bigger reason to change cabins is the potential cost savings noted earlier. Royal has caught on that parents like to book their under-21 kids in a connecting room so they don’t have to worry about the “one person over 21 per cabin” rule, and they’ve begun charging a (sometimes-hefty) premium for that.

I will check with our friends to be sure they weren't up charged. Rooms are getting scarce as this is a North East vacation week, actually it is over Easter. Does Royal decorate the ship for Easter? Any special events. The kids are in college so this is going to be an adult only cruise.

4 hours ago, JLMoran said:

This. My daughters were in a connecting room next to our cabin on our first cruise, and one night my older daughter got into a horrible fight with her then-boyfriend. Woke my wife and me out of a sound sleep in the middle of the night. But that was the only time we heard anything from their room.

I think the bigger reason to change cabins is the potential cost savings noted earlier. Royal has caught on that parents like to book their under-21 kids in a connecting room so they don’t have to worry about the “one person over 21 per cabin” rule, and they’ve begun charging a (sometimes-hefty) premium for that.

I've actually embraced the "one person over 21 per cabin rule".  We always book two rooms for our family... my wife and son (16) listed for one room and me and my other son (12) in the other room.  That way you now can bring more bottles of wine on board since each room has one adult.  We don't even bother with connecting rooms... we book adjoining balcony rooms and just open up the balconies to make them connected to save money.