Royal App or Voom on Liberty

Hi Everyone,

My wife and I are going on Liberty OTS Sept 26 to Western Caribbean.  In prior sailings we've gotten 2-device Voom and one of the things we've been able to do is to text between the two of us (we both have iPhones).  We have not purchased Voom yet and was thinking of getting just 1-device Voom but that would only work if the Royal App is available on Liberty and if it can be used to text between us.  

Does anyone have any thoughts on this?  Anyone know if the Royal App is available on Liberty and if it can be used to text between us.

Thanks!

We had mixed results on Harmony and Mariner. Often the messages in the app would take forever to go through. Harmony had some sort of loophole in the network though that allowed iMessages to go through (as well as some other apps) which worked great.

Pre-Covid, only 2 ships had texting enabled in the app (Harmony and Allure).

Remains to be seen if they've expanded texting feature to other ships.

On Adventure for June, the text icon appears, but I've seen that occur and then once you get on the ship it disappears.

We have been on Liberty several times and the texting function was not available. As @Matt stated on Adventure, the texting icon showed up on our Liberty app this year but do not know if it will work. We have a July cruise on her and hope it is functional. ?