xSailedx Liberty of the Seas - October 24th, 2021

• 2 weeks later...

Contacted my TA tonight and got a reprice and 131.00 of onboard credit. All checked in and even got our vaccine cards uploaded. Just gotta get our parking booked and head out in a few weeks. Was told to contact after October 10th to reprice the second leg of our B2B cruise. 

• 2 weeks later...
28 minutes ago, MuttMutt said:

So this cruise has had an itinerary change and will be doing a run through Cozumel then Costa Maya and finally to Roatan Honduras. 

As of yesterday in the email I got from RCCL letting us know we are leaving at 5pm instead of 4:30 the itinerary remains unchanged from original booking.

Royal Caribbean

ABOUT YOUR UPCOMING TRAVELS

Dear Guest,

As part of the guidance received from the CDC, we’ve implemented new boarding and arrival protocols and as a result, we’ll need some extra time for check-in. We’ll now depart from Galveston, Texas at 5:00 PM, instead of 4:00 PM. Below, please find our revised Liberty of the Seas itinerary.

Day Port of Call Arrive Depart
Sun Galveston, Texas   5:00 PM
Mon Cruising    
Tue Cruising    
Wed Roatan, Honduras 9:00 AM 6:00 PM
Thu Costa Maya, Mexico 8:00 AM 6:00 PM
Fri Cozumel, Mexico 7:00 AM 5:00 PM
Sat Cruising    
Sun Galveston, Texas 6:30 AM  

As a reminder, we kindly ask that you arrive to the port during your pre-selected check-in window. This is imperative to ensure mi

Screenshot_20211002-144633_Gmail.jpg

55 minutes ago, MAS63 said:

As of yesterday in the email I got from RCCL letting us know we are leaving at 5pm instead of 4:30 the itinerary remains unchanged from original booking.

Royal Caribbean

ABOUT YOUR UPCOMING TRAVELS

Dear Guest,

As part of the guidance received from the CDC, we’ve implemented new boarding and arrival protocols and as a result, we’ll need some extra time for check-in. We’ll now depart from Galveston, Texas at 5:00 PM, instead of 4:00 PM. Below, please find our revised Liberty of the Seas itinerary.

Day Port of Call Arrive Depart
Sun Galveston, Texas   5:00 PM
Mon Cruising    
Tue Cruising    
Wed Roatan, Honduras 9:00 AM 6:00 PM
Thu Costa Maya, Mexico 8:00 AM 6:00 PM
Fri Cozumel, Mexico 7:00 AM 5:00 PM
Sat Cruising    
Sun Galveston, Texas 6:30 AM  

As a reminder, we kindly ask that you arrive to the port during your pre-selected check-in window. This is imperative to ensure mi

Screenshot_20211002-144633_Gmail.jpg

Sorry that wasmy goof. Multiple tabs open at the same time. The cruise leaving on the 31st is the one that changed. It was supposed to be Cozumel Cayman and Jamaica. 

3 hours ago, TejasPenguin said:

We're on the 17 October cruise and are wondering how it's been for those who've cruised the Liberty in the last couple of weeks. Big changes? My husband says he'll miss the old Windjammer "jams" but I'm actually okay not seeing people pick up food with their fingers and taste it. 

Looks like you will get to find out before we do then.  We will be leaving the day you make it back to port if you are on Liberty for the 17th.

• 2 weeks later...

Made it to the Houston area last night. Taking it easy for a couple days mostly but do want to hear over to Kemah boardwalk and see if someone i worked with a few years ago is still running things for the rides.

Anyone else in town yet? 

Didn't know exactly where to put it and can start a new topic if requested. But anyways here goes..

Liberty is much like I remember it from 2019. There however have been a couple changes. Some rooms have been redone and now have the requirement of inserting a SeaPass or some other card into the little device by the door to turn lights on. AC still works no matter what just the lights turn off completely. 

Liberty dunes (mini golf) has been redone. All new setup and it was a lot of fun this afternoon. 

Windjammer is still closed for dinner at this point but breakfast was great this morning. On my tablet so attaching my picture is a bit of a pain. 

Masks required like all the rest but for some reason when masks can be of most people are not even attempting to stay away from other people. They are releasing everyone from the shows in a set order which helps a little but if you are worried about social distancing is probably not time to cruise yet. 

The "vaccinated" bracelets are not that bad to me. I do recommend you put it on your non-dominant hand and they will trim the extra at guest services. 

I did a little live stream this morning which is much more related to my diving and things that are going on in the community but I am going to try and do another just about the ship and things going on.   https://www.youtube.com/c/MuttMuttOutdoors is where everything will be located for those interested. 

20211025_085803.jpg

One more thing.  The comedian on board is a show you can probably skip and not worry about, her name is Michele Balan and honestly she wasn't very funny except a couple times here and there and on top of that she complained about everything, like they didn't give her a glass or bottle of water for on stage and some guy from the audience got her one and she continued to complain.  Then she said something like she was working as a phone sex operator in july and a few seconds later someone in the audience said something about it making good money and she was like, "oh that still exists?"

Needless to say that the show was really not good and seems like a last minute hey we need to fill this spot.  If you are from NY maybe it will be funny but honestly I doubt it.

• MuttMutt changed the title to xSailedx Liberty of the Seas - October 24th, 2021