Celebrity Millennium June 5, 2021

steverk

1 hour ago, smokeybandit said:

Other than the obvious, how "normal" of a cruise did it feel?

Surprisingly close.  The only things I noticed were:

• Dealing with the pre-boarding changes the week prior to sailing.  My advice to anyone following me, read every email in detail.  The repeats looked just like the important ones.
  • The crew wore masks the whole time, but the guests didn't
  • There were way fewer people on board.
  • The buffet seemed very normal, but the crew served your food.
  • In Barbados we had to go with a Celebrity excursion to exit the ship.  All other ports were normal, but nearly empty.

On 6/10/2021 at 12:27 PM, JLMoran said:

You clearly haven't seen Urinetown.

"It's a privilege to pee!"

?

I have been in this show (Little Sally -“too much exposition”) and it turned out to be the one I wouldn’t mind doing over and over, even as weird as the premise is. 

@steverk Thanks for the live blog, it was great! 

Thanks for sharing this, @steverk!

Has Celebrity asked everyone, or at least those with proximity contact to the two who tested positive, to be re-tested in a few more days to confirm zero spread?

I would think that might be necessary given the week-long incubation period, but at the same time you now have everyone off the ship and it’s… sort of..? not their problem any longer.  

7 hours ago, JLMoran said:

Thanks for sharing this, @steverk!

Has Celebrity asked everyone, or at least those with proximity contact to the two who tested positive, to be re-tested in a few more days to confirm zero spread?

I would think that might be necessary given the week-long incubation period, but at the same time you now have everyone off the ship and it’s… sort of..? not their problem any longer.  

I can only say that they didn't suggest it to me.