Empress

Hey There!

I'll leave the personal testaments to those who have actually sailed on her, but thought it might be helpful if we had a frame of reference for your experience.  I mention this because while generally, a small ship experiences more motion, there is generally much less motion than what people imagine who haven't been on cruises, or who have only been on mega-ships (thinking that anythign smaller must be rough).

I can tell you that I've been on ships much smaller than the Empress, and for the most part, it's all about when and where you sail.

Like food, the sensation of movement seems to be subjective.  Half the conversations between me and my wife on a cruise are "can you feel the ship moving?".  

To answer your question, I don't think any ship has "a lot of motion" under normal circumstances. I certainly would not avoid booking a cruise on Empress because of that fear.

I think the sea conditions and wind have much more to do with the experience of motion than the size of the ship. On our last cruise, it wasn't until day 9 that we noticed very minor motion and hasn't realized we hadn't felt it until then.