Will there be a Memorial Day sale for Dining/Drinks, excursions, activities, etc this year?

2 hours ago, sandc4e said:

Well, no change in my pricing at all.  71 pppd for beverage package, no thank you.

This is what I paid but I feel it is worth it. That is beverage package + wifi. Wifi alone is... $11/device/day. So in theory the drink package is $60 per day. At 10-12 per drink, that is only 5 drinks...

I can definitely drink more than 5! I also personally love the idea that I prepay my drinks and while onboard I do not have to worry about the price of each and every drink I purchase. Definitely makes it more "all inclusive" feeling.

8 minutes ago, Yak said:

@AshleyDillo I am booked on Allure of the Seas Oct 10th

The Oasis-class ships give you a lot of variety and flexibility with the dining plan but if you've never sailed on one before, there are plenty of included options as well that you might not even feel like you are missing out if you don't get the dining plan. 

I know I've seen it on sale as low as $179 for the week for those ships.  You may be better off looking at what specialty restaurants on Allure that interest you and decide if you may be better off buying a 3-night dining package or going ala carte for those that interest you.

14 minutes ago, AshleyDillo said:

The Oasis-class ships give you a lot of variety and flexibility with the dining plan but if you've never sailed on one before, there are plenty of included options as well that you might not even feel like you are missing out if you don't get the dining plan. 

I know I've seen it on sale as low as $179 for the week for those ships.  You may be better off looking at what specialty restaurants on Allure that interest you and decide if you may be better off buying a 3-night dining package or going ala carte for those that interest you.

I agree, we don't do a dining package since we feel that we've already paid for the food ? and only eat the included options.  Even on "smaller" ships, we have not yet been disappointed and don't feel like we are missing out on anything.

25 minutes ago, RyanS said:

This is what I paid but I feel it is worth it. That is beverage package + wifi. Wifi alone is... $11/device/day. So in theory the drink package is $60 per day. At 10-12 per drink, that is only 5 drinks...

I can definitely drink more than 5! I also personally love the idea that I prepay my drinks and while onboard I do not have to worry about the price of each and every drink I purchase. Definitely makes it more "all inclusive" feeling.

We don't drink, so we do the Refreshment package to pre-pay for our mocktails, fresh squeezed orange juice, and my "fancy coffee".  We've never paid more than $25 pppd for it and it's easy to "break even" even at that price.  Most recently we got it for $18pppd which was a steal!

44 minutes ago, RED5 said:

There’s still no Memorial Day sale banner on mine and the prices haven’t changed at all.  My dates aren’t until September 2022, is that too far off to be included in this sale?

Yes, it only goes through May 31, 2022.

Details: https://www.royalcaribbeanblog.com/2021/05/27/royal-caribbean-offering-35-pre-cruise-purchases-cruise-planner-sale

Hmm, I received 125% OBC for my cancelled cruise planner items in January.

The "30% off" price on the drink packages I'm looking at is about 120% (119.86%) of what I had paid for the cancelled cruise.

Well played, RC. Way to get most of that money back. ?

They must be looking at my onboard bar purchase history! They know I'm gonna buy it! ?

Weirdly enough, for my next 3 cruises (late August, September) I cannot purchase any VOOM Internet plans, which are normally the only things I purchase anymore using the Cruise Planner, except for the random shore excursion. I hope that this doesn't portend any bad news concerning those cruises which are all out Galveston. BTW, has anyone read/heard any news whether or not Galveston will have unvaccinated or vaccinated-only cruises yet, for either Royal or Carnival? Crickets is what I am hearing so far...

18 minutes ago, caitlynambrai said:

Any chance there might be a 4th of July sale?

Absolutely, as well as a Father's Day Sale, Flag Day Sale, Dog Days of Summer Sale, Labor Day Sale, Full Moon Fever Sale, End of Summer Sale, a "Keep Checking Back for a Better Deal" Sale, a "Just Because We Decided to Have a Sale" Sale........

I guess I'm trying to say there are a lot of sales! ? 

(But seriously, do keep checking back for better deals!)

1 hour ago, Sushitex said:

Weirdly enough, for my next 3 cruises (late August, September) I cannot purchase any VOOM Internet plans, which are normally the only things I purchase anymore using the Cruise Planner, except for the random shore excursion. I hope that this doesn't portend any bad news concerning those cruises which are all out Galveston. BTW, has anyone read/heard any news whether or not Galveston will have unvaccinated or vaccinated-only cruises yet, for either Royal or Carnival? Crickets is what I am hearing so far...

Nothing from Royal or Carnival yet. I live in Houston so I would LOVE a cruise out of Galveston instead of having to fly to Florida. Texas did not ban companies from asking for proof of vaccine so it should not be an issue here (just fyi they only banned it from companies who receive state funding, i.e. state sponsored companies).

16 hours ago, Traveler said:

Wow what a sell , Beach Club 160 $ for Symphony at September and Oasis at April Amazing  ?

I got it for $106 two sales ago for my October Symphony. I have a feeling space is limited so keeping the price high. Basically it was excluded from the sale. DX beverage is still what I paid earlier this month ($58) and ultimate dining is same price. 

Need a 45% off sale but doubt we’ll see it. There was one about 6 weeks ago but my OBC hadn’t been posted yet

This is probably a good sign: Yesterday afternoon, Carnival sent hubby an email offering a comped inside room for either the Caribbean or Alaska for dates in July or August. We hurriedly booked 7 nights on the Vista out of Galveston, paying just the taxes/port fees. I wrote "hurriedly" because the website must have been inundated with other people doing the same thing, it was going in and out - it wasn't long afterwards that he received the "OH SNAP, no more cruises available" message when he tried to do a mock booking a few minutes later. 

Our new cruise begins on July 17.  The earliest date I saw for Galveston was for July 15 on the Breeze. 

Anyway, just the fact that Carnival sent out some last-minute offers for FL and Galveston sailings indicates (to me) that they are serious about sailing this coming July and August. 

10 minutes ago, Sushitex said:

This is probably a good sign: Carnival sent hubby an email offering a comped inside room for either the Caribbean or Alaska for dates in July or August. We hurriedly booked 7 nights on the Vista out of Galveston, paying just the taxes/port fees. I said "hurriedly" because the website must have been inundated with other people doing the same thing - it wasn't long afterwards that he received the "OH SNAP, no more cruises available" message when he tried to do a mock booking a few minutes later. 

Our new cruise begins on July 17.  The earliest date I saw for Galveston was for July 15 on the Breeze. 

Anyway, just the fact that Carnival sent out some last-minute offers for FL and Galveston sailings indicates (to me) that they are serious about sailing this coming July and August. 

That will be interesting because I dont believe Carnival is going to require vaccines for passengers which would mean that test sailing(s) would need to be done. A lot of "ifs" and wish casting for this sailing especially to be done in under 50 days

Fortunately for us, hubby and I have been fully vaccinated since February, so we're okay with having some non-vaccinated folks onboard. We can also live with wearing masks and social distancing - we just did that (in most places) for a week in Las Vegas. Like everyone else, we JUST WANNA cruise, lol! ?

On 5/27/2021 at 8:39 AM, PPPJJ-GCVAB said:

I think it depends on how far off your sailing is.  My November 2021 and April 2022 cruises show that 35% sale banner but my November 2022 only has very slight changes...that one not worth doing anything with it.  Not that anything is something to WOW about at this point!

I'm on FOS 10/31/2021, so just before yours.  So I'm out of luck on this "sale."

18 minutes ago, Jdf said:

August 14 Jewel from Limassol DBP = $58 but its the old cruise planner so gratuity is already included. ?

I’m not sure about that.  My cruises are still on the old cruise planner too and gratuities are not included in that listed price. So my Nov cruise DBP is selling at $62 pp.  Total price is $585.28 (for 2 people).  But 62 x 4days x 2 people = 496.  Add gratuities of 89.28 and that’s the total.

sorry to burst your bubble! ?

Kinda have the feeling that we aren't going to be seeing any major sales/deals for quite some time (I hope I'm wrong).  They know we are itching to sail, and we know that they have been hemorrhaging cash for over a year now.  I don't think they'll be crazy about raising prices but I don't see them doing many favors either.  

40 minutes ago, Jdf said:

August 14 Jewel from Limassol DBP = $58 but its the old cruise planner so gratuity is already included. ?

Sorry, that does not include gratuities.  Those will be added once you put the package in your cart.

1 hour ago, Jdf said:

56 minutes ago, PPPJJ-GCVAB said:

I’m not sure about that.  My cruises are still on the old cruise planner too and gratuities are not included in that listed price. So my Nov cruise DBP is selling at $62 pp.  Total price is $585.28 (for 2 people).  But 62 x 4days x 2 people = 496.  Add gratuities of 89.28 and that’s the total.

@PPPJJ-GCVAB, you're correct. I purchased the DBP for our OCT 2021 sailing (old planner) just now and for our FEB 2022 sailing (new planner) a couple of weeks ago. In both cases, the 18% gratuity is not added until it's in your cart. There is no change to the purchase of beverage packages.

One major change (and @twangster pointed this out in his comparison review)... 

... involves specialty dining reservations and dining plans. Royal is now adding gratuity to specialty dining reservations in the new planner. I booked the same restaurant (not a dining plan) for both sailings and the old planner does not tack on gratuity, but the new planner adds a gratuity at checkout.

We tip anyway, but now you'll have to keep that in mind when you're onboard. Maybe the check will reflect that the gratuity was prepaid and/or have a line to allow for "additional gratuity".

45 minutes ago, PPPJJ-GCVAB said:

Ok. That sucks. Well, I just bought the DBP for $59 paying $826 for 2 for the 7 days.

Screenshot_20210529-143848_Chrome.jpg

9 minutes ago, Jdf said:

Ok. That sucks. Well, I just bought the DBP for $59 paying $826 for 2 for the 7 days.

Screenshot_20210529-143848_Chrome.jpg

Maybe there is a different policy based on your region... that would explain the difference in your experience. We're referring to the US website and cruise planners.

8 minutes ago, JohnK6404 said:

Maybe there is a different policy based on your region... that would explain the difference in your experience. We're referring to the US website and cruise planners.

Don't think so because on Symphony, Allure and Odyssey in 2022 gratuity is first included in the cart .. I did try ?

• 2 weeks later...