xSAILEDx Ovation of the Seas - Aug 27th 2021

18 minutes ago, MonkeyLaLaX2 said:

John,

Did they announce the positive cases of Covid on August 13th Alaska cruise?  I noticed on the CDC website that Ovation changed from GREEN to YELLOW, which usually means crew or passenger tested positive?  

Just curious.............doesn't change our plans for this coming Friday.  We can't wait to cruise!!

Ovation of the Seas Restricted Yellow CDC has started an investigation.

Great question -- I personally have not heard of any positive cases of Covid onboard while I was there, and the FB group for 8/13 has been pretty quiet as well. There were probably some cases but isolated I am guessing. I do know that one of the tour operators in Sitka I believe tested positive so all guests of the tour had to get tested, fortunately all negative. But that's all I have heard. I wouldn't worry too much about it, just do your part, wash your hands, wear your mask, etc and you should be okay. All we can do is protect ourselves and others around us, and cruise safely!

On 8/21/2021 at 2:56 PM, MicDay said:

@Cruising With JTwhere did you eat dinner?  

Sorry I missed this. I ate nightly at the Main Dining room for vaccinated guests, Deck 4 in the American Icon grill. Mainly because the buffet was closed, but the presentation of the food and experience is also nice. I am planning on returning there this coming cruise as well since the waitstaff (Ermon and Hong) took real good care of me.

20 hours ago, Cruising With JT said:

You're very welcome and I am glad you enjoyed the tours on my YouTube channel! I've just done 3 so far, room tour, ship tour and windjammer tour (felt like that one needed its own video vs being in a ship tour somewhere). I have so much footage sometimes it's easy to forget stuff haha. More videos to come!

I look forward to the possibility of meeting you! I will be wearing fun cruise-related tshirts throughout the trip and also my "Cruising With JT" shirts on embarkation day, it will be bright green. If you see me say hello! Thank you ?

Watches all the videos and will definitely say hello if I see you!

Just got our Negative Test results, holy cow, that's a very long stressful hour.  

We did PCR this morning (still waiting on those results) and did Antigen this afternoon.

This whole week I was so worried, I cooked dinner every night so less contact with people.

My husband always jokes when we built this house the Kitchen was put in just in case we resell.

We fly out tomorrow!  Seattle here we come!

I understand your stress.  I was so worried about my test.  The nurse said she would call me with the results within a half hour.  It took her over an hour.  I was sure she was stalling because she she did not want to tell me the bad news.  Happily I was wrong.  Me test was negative-she just got busy!    Flight leaves tomorrow morning.  Bags are by the door.

@Fairlynewand @MicDay So happy to hear about the negative news (which is good :D) 

I tested negative as well, looking forward to seeing you guys on Friday. In case you missed it on Facebook, we are organizing a meetup at the Sky Bar on the pool deck (weather pending) on Friday at 4:30pm, hope to see you there. You can't miss me with my attire ? Cheers guys and safe travels! We are cruuuuuuuuusing soon!

Just saw the brand new Pixels two 70 show. It was the first showing and it was amazing. They put this show together in 4 weeks! Normally they spend 4 weeks in Hollywood FL rehearsing and 2 weeks on board. This is a MUST see if you like 80's and techno. Really hard to taken in up close, we were in 3rd row first 2 are blocked for social distancing. Next time we'd sit further back to see everything. 

8 hours ago, 12thman said:

Just saw the brand new Pixels two 70 show. It was the first showing and it was amazing. They put this show together in 4 weeks! Normally they spend 4 weeks in Hollywood FL rehearsing and 2 weeks on board. This is a MUST see if you like 80's and techno. Really hard to taken in up close, we were in 3rd row first 2 are blocked for social distancing. Next time we'd sit further back to see everything. 

Wow!  I hope to see the new Pixels someday.  When I was on the Ovation in 2019,  I watched almost every showing of Pixels.

Question for those that have sailed (or are sailing now) on Ovation?  I have My Time Dining and made reservations in the MDR for 7 pm each day. But now I see that most of the game shows are at 8 pm and I don't want to miss these. For some reason I am now unable to modify these reservations. Do you think I will be able to change once on board or do you suggest I just show up at the time I want and possibly wait for a table?  Also will anything change in the daily planner with regard to offerings or times?  Thx. 

17 hours ago, Cappy said:

Question for those that have sailed (or are sailing now) on Ovation?  I have My Time Dining and made reservations in the MDR for 7 pm each day. But now I see that most of the game shows are at 8 pm and I don't want to miss these. For some reason I am now unable to modify these reservations. Do you think I will be able to change once on board or do you suggest I just show up at the time I want and possibly wait for a table?  Also will anything change in the daily planner with regard to offerings or times?  Thx. 

We didn't have any issues with getting a table for the MDR. We had reservations for tonight and while we were looking at the menu we decided to have dinner there again tomorrow night. Just walked over to the entrance podium and asked if there was availability for tomorrow, no problem she said a now we have dinner plans at the time we wanted. It seems that the speciality dining is hard to get after day 1. Just keep checking and maybe someone will cancel and you'll be able to book.

16 hours ago, MonkeyLaLaX2 said:

Question for anyone currently sailing on Ovation?  If possible, can you take a picture of La Patisserie menu?  Do they still have pastries and chocolate for sale (macaroons)?  Hopefully still have coffee and hot chocolate?

Went there on the 2nd day and yes they have all those items. If I remember I'll take a picture of the menu tomorrow. 

On 8/25/2021 at 7:06 AM, MonkeyLaLaX2 said:

Question for anyone currently sailing on Ovation?  If possible, can you take a picture of La Patisserie menu?  Do they still have pastries and chocolate for sale (macaroons)?  Hopefully still have coffee and hot chocolate?

Here you go.

20210826_210922.jpg

20210826_210915.jpg

20210826_210909.jpg

20210826_210900.jpg

• AshleyDillo changed the title to xSAILEDx Ovation of the Seas - Aug 27th 2021