xSAILEDx Ovation of the Seas - Aug 27th 2021

4 hours ago, Fairlynew said:

Are you going to live blog?  

Nope, but I am going to be posting a lot on my social media channels about boarding, onboard experience, food, shows, etc. You can find me on YouTube, Facebook, Instagram and Twitter. I may not post in here but will do so on other channels. All are the same name if you search for "Cruising With JT". Only difference is Instagram there are no spaces. Thank you in advance for following and subscribing!

21 hours ago, Cruising With JT said:

Nope, but I am going to be posting a lot on my social media channels about boarding, onboard experience, food, shows, etc. You can find me on YouTube, Facebook, Instagram and Twitter. I may not post in here but will do so on other channels. All are the same name if you search for "Cruising With JT". Only difference is Instagram there are no spaces. Thank you in advance for following and subscribing!

Thanks for the information on the YouTube channel JT.  I just subscribed and am looking forward to seeing the content on your upcoming cruise on Ovation so we can get an idea of what it will be like for our cruise on the 27th.

17 hours ago, Fairlynew said:

Just saw that you can book the north star on day 2 or 7 (sea days) for $29 pp.  I thought it was included.   I would be interested in paying for it the day we are at the glacier but not a sea day. 

I will let the more seasoned Royal guests respond to confirm but I've been doing a lot of research on this.  It is free for the "short" version (I believe it just goes up and down) but that if you want the "long" ride (which goes out over the ocean, etc.), then it costs $$.  I also believe that you can book the "short" free version once onboard (same for go karts if they are running, iFly, etc.) but am not sure exactly when it is operational (port vs. sea day).  Hopefully someone else can give more information and I too would be interested in doing this for free.

2 hours ago, Cappy said:

Thanks for the information on the YouTube channel JT.  I just subscribed and am looking forward to seeing the content on your upcoming cruise on Ovation so we can get an idea of what it will be like for our cruise on the 27th.

Thank you for subscribing, much appreciated! I will definitely be posting videos on YouTube as long as the internet connection works properly. Pictures may be more frequent on Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter since they are a quicker upload, but I will do my best! 

2 hours ago, Cappy said:

I will let the more seasoned Royal guests respond to confirm but I've been doing a lot of research on this.  It is free for the "short" version (I believe it just goes up and down) but that if you want the "long" ride (which goes out over the ocean, etc.), then it costs $$.  I also believe that you can book the "short" free version once onboard (same for go karts if they are running, iFly, etc.) but am not sure exactly when it is operational (port vs. sea day).  Hopefully someone else can give more information and I too would be interested in doing this for free.

This on the cruise planner gave me the impression that on Day 2 and 7 there will be a charge given where we are. But other days it will be 'free', or that is my assumption. Can't make any reservations online, likely have to do so when you get onboard. I will report back what happens since I am going next Friday.

May be an image of text that says 'North Star Extended Experience NORTH STAR/ DURATION: 16 MINUTES Take yourself to new heights. NO.OF GUESTS DATE & TIME SELECT GUESTS Select number of guests, day date, and time & price. NUMBER OF GUESTS DAY DATE TIME Select Select Select Day 14 Aug 2021 Day Aug 2021'

2 hours ago, SpeedNoodles said:

Be aware that the internet in Alaska basically sucks and there are days that there will be no way to upload anything (even on Ovation).

Good to know! I will try to upload when we are port ? Were you referring to the internet on the ship or in Alaska in general? By the way thank you for subscribing to my YouTube channel, got a notification, appreciate your support!

8 hours ago, Cruising With JT said:

Good to know! I will try to upload when we are port ? Were you referring to the internet on the ship or in Alaska in general? By the way thank you for subscribing to my YouTube channel, got a notification, appreciate your support!

On the ship.  The fast satellites that support Voom don't really service the higher latitudes.  I had difficulty even posting to the message boards on occasion. 

9 hours ago, SpeedNoodles said:

On the ship.  The fast satellites that support Voom don't really service the higher latitudes.  I had difficulty even posting to the message boards on occasion. 

Sounds good! Thanks for the heads up. I will likely only attempt to post pictures on FB and Instagram, will hold off on YouTube until I get back.

11 minutes ago, SpeedNoodles said:

You can certainly try it - I think you'll get the best results the first and last day (when the ship is farthest south).

True...well if the Internet isn't working, I am sure I will find other things to do ? Perfect opportunity to create tours in public spaces and perhaps a ship tour as well. I know there are many tour videos out there already but it's always nice to get them from different perspectives. I just need to get back on a ship lol!

10 minutes ago, Cruising With JT said:

True...well if the Internet isn't working, I am sure I will find other things to do ? Perfect opportunity to create tours in public spaces and perhaps a ship tour as well. I know there are many tour videos out there already but it's always nice to get them from different perspectives. I just need to get back on a ship lol!

You're going to have a fantastic time!

33 minutes ago, SpeedNoodles said:

You're going to have a fantastic time!

Thanks! This is my 2nd time on Ovation to Alaska in the last 2 years, and I went kind of crazy and am on both 8/13 and 8/27 sailings. I figure let me take advantage of leaving out of my hometown Seattle without having to fly as much as I can before the season ends and things get more crazy (not really liking where the country is headed with Covid cases ? )... and then I booked Norwegian Encore out of Seattle as well in October. Alaska 3 times in 2 months = I am crazy but I am doing it for the ships, and maybe if I get lucky enough I will get to see the Northern lights on the Encore since it's in mid-October...oh and I love Glacier Bay (I like NCL's itinerary more than Royal Caribbean's but got friends on 8/27 so can't cancel, plus thought it would be cool to go on the first Ovation sailing). I tried to get on the Encore today (first sailing 8/7) but no luck ? Hope you have some fun cruises booked soon too! I got Oasis in September out of Jersey...only flight I am taking this year if it all works out! First time to Cococay, 2nd time on Oasis-class but I am so wanting to go since it's been 8 years since Allure.

I just received notice of cancellation for all the lunch reservations I made in the main dining room. Does anyone have any idea what is going on?  Does this mean they won't be serving lunch in the dining room?  Thanks. 

2 hours ago, Cappy said:

I just received notice of cancellation for all the lunch reservations I made in the main dining room. Does anyone have any idea what is going on?  Does this mean they won't be serving lunch in the dining room?  Thanks. 

@Cappythey did they same to me, weird.  I thought maybe it was because we have the UDP, I just booked the lunch in case none of the specialty restaurants were open.

I may be in the minority here but I am probably going to hit up the buffet for breakfast and lunch since it is closed for dinner. For dinner I hope to make the MDR experience a quick one but will enjoy the experience as I am cruising solo. Otherwise I may just swing by Two70 cafe or Sorrentos/Cafe Promenade for a quick bite.

14 hours ago, Cruising With JT said:

I may be in the minority here but I am probably going to hit up the buffet for breakfast and lunch since it is closed for dinner. For dinner I hope to make the MDR experience a quick one but will enjoy the experience as I am cruising solo. Otherwise I may just swing by Two70 cafe or Sorrentos/Cafe Promenade for a quick bite.

I am not a fan of the buffet for breakfast, lunch or dinner.  I really hope that there will be options other than buffet for breakfast and lunch plus I like the ambiance of a dining room.  If I am required to pay gratuities then I want to be waited on and not have to carry my own food.

• AshleyDillo changed the title to xSAILEDx Ovation of the Seas - Aug 27th 2021