xSAILEDx Ovation of the Seas - Aug 27th 2021

3 hours ago, 12thman said:

I'm not had to cancel my excursion in Juneau. You spend less time in port now.

@12thmanme too, I was really look forward to the one I booked but now will need to cancel and the others just did not look as appealing.   Darn it.

1 hour ago, Cruising With JT said:

Sorry to hear about the impact to your excursions in Juneau @12thmanand @MicDay

I thought Royal Caribbean would work with the Juneau tour operators to adjust the timing of their offerings so guests wouldn't be impacted? They basically just lost business.

Thanks John  

6 hours ago, Cruising With JT said:

Sorry to hear about the impact to your excursions in Juneau @12thmanand @MicDay

I thought Royal Caribbean would work with the Juneau tour operators to adjust the timing of their offerings so guests wouldn't be impacted? They basically just lost business.

Mine was with an independent tour operator. Did notice that several of the non suite categories that were sold out are now available.  Wonder if that has to do with the mask policy or the shorter times in Juneau and Skagway?

12 hours ago, 12thman said:

Mine was with an independent tour operator. Did notice that several of the non suite categories that were sold out are now available.  Wonder if that has to do with the mask policy or the shorter times in Juneau and Skagway?

Great question. I am not 100% sure but I am guessing that there were some cancellations due to the mask policy. I don't believe people would cancel due to the shortened times in certain ports, as that could happen while you're ON the cruise.

12 hours ago, 12thman said:

Are there any plans to meet? I'm not on FB or Twitter.

No official plans communicated here, but I think many of us are planning on meeting up at the bar on the pool deck during sailaway! I will be wearing a "Cruising With JT" shirt so you can't miss me ? My name is John btw! ? 

Bummed, RC just cancelled my excursion in Juneau.  I knew they would because of the time change but I was really looking forward to this one the most.  For some reason this cancelled excursion is not listed on my May 5th 2022 sailing.  Nothing else looks great.  Anyone have any great excursion they have been on in Juneau?  I great third party site that is really good?

Positive, my GYT Suite has been assigned and we are in a Jr Suite two doors down from where I picked for our May 5th sailing.  Very happy about that!!

Is it time to pack yet.........

6 hours ago, Vancity Cruiser said:

I’m curious about excursion options available for this sailing. I’m on Sept.24 sailing and there seems to be a very limited number of excursion options.

@Vancity Cruiser I was going to give you the number of excursions for this sailing vs my May 5th 2022 but my May 5th sailing planner is down.  

1 hour ago, MicDay said:

Bummed, RC just cancelled my excursion in Juneau.  I knew they would because of the time change but I was really looking forward to this one the most.  For some reason this cancelled excursion is not listed on my May 5th 2022 sailing.  Nothing else looks great.  Anyone have any great excursion they have been on in Juneau?  I great third party site that is really good?

Positive, my GYT Suite has been assigned and we are in a Jr Suite two doors down from where I picked for our May 5th sailing.  Very happy about that!!

Is it time to pack yet.........

Really? Did you just get it today? Still waiting on mine.

@MicDay @12thmanSorry about the Juneau excursion, which one was it? I've been to Juneau twice, we did the Mt. Roberts Tramway (not an excursion) and it was fun, epic views of Juneau w/the ships down in port. We've also done Mendenhall Glacier twice...visitor center + short mile hike (flat surface) to Nugget Falls. Enjoyed both very much.

I saw this post on Facebook and thought y'all would find it interesting.  

On Seranade of the Seas, first cruise out of Seattle to Alaska. Got to port at 11:00 even though our check-in time was 12:00. Process slow but organized. Lined up under covered walkway according to check-in time in drop off area. The suite guests were pulled out of line to go to check in first. Then families with children were pulled because the children had to be tested. When we got inside building a pier worker checked our passports, took pictures of our vaccination cards, and scanned our set
sail passes. Got a white bracelet, then went through Security and on to check in with Royal. Our passport was checked again and set sail set pass. Then we were able to board and set sail pass was scanned at the gangplank. I cried as we got on because a lot of the crew was clapping and welcoming us on. Our room was ready and our sea cards were at the room. There are only 600 passengers and 600 crew on board. Everyone is in a great mood!

8 hours ago, Fairlynew said:

I saw this post on Facebook and thought y'all would find it interesting.  

On Seranade of the Seas, first cruise out of Seattle to Alaska. Got to port at 11:00 even though our check-in time was 12:00. Process slow but organized. Lined up under covered walkway according to check-in time in drop off area. The suite guests were pulled out of line to go to check in first. Then families with children were pulled because the children had to be tested. When we got inside building a pier worker checked our passports, took pictures of our vaccination cards, and scanned our set
sail passes. Got a white bracelet, then went through Security and on to check in with Royal. Our passport was checked again and set sail set pass. Then we were able to board and set sail pass was scanned at the gangplank. I cried as we got on because a lot of the crew was clapping and welcoming us on. Our room was ready and our sea cards were at the room. There are only 600 passengers and 600 crew on board. Everyone is in a great mood!

Wow 600 passengers! I hope Ovation is less than 50% capacity.

On 7/19/2021 at 5:44 PM, MicDay said:

@Vancity Cruiser I was going to give you the number of excursions for this sailing vs my May 5th 2022 but my May 5th sailing planner is down.  

@Vancity Cruiser finally was able to get into my CP for my May 2022 Alaska cruise

On that cruise there are 128 different excursions

On this sailing there are 61 different excursions 

• AshleyDillo changed the title to xSAILEDx Ovation of the Seas - Aug 27th 2021