xSAILEDx Ovation of the Seas - Aug 27th 2021

I was contemplating cancelling or moving as well, but if I move my cruise. what says that the new cruise also won't have mask requirements? Seems like sailings out of the US for the foreseeable future on Royal are going to have masks indoors and in certain areas even if you're fully vaccinated. Only Carnival and Norwegian and Celebrity are really doing the truly vaccinated/no mask route but I love Royal...

6 hours ago, 12thman said:

Didn't know NCL is doing no mask. Have to check that out. 

I was considering the Norwegian Encore out of Seattle as well since it looks like an amazing ship, having been on the Bliss, Joy and Escape previously. Very luxurious spaces and amenities onboard for sure, plus drinks, wifi and gratuities are all included which is a bonus. I booked a solo studio oceanview balcony on Ovation, the last one for this 8/27 sailing and feel like I got lucky. On Encore they have studio rooms but they are inside...they do have access to the studio lounge which is only for those guests which is kind of cool. I will look into it but for now, sticking with Ovation but may change. My travel agent said I have until July 26th to make a decision to either move to another Royal cruise or cancel for a full refund. No FCC option for this one. I like that better.

We are staying put, I really enjoy Royal and what they have offered for this cruise. 

It stinks IF we have to wear a mask inside in certain places but it's now 48 days away, this could change.  

My thoughts might be different if this was the Hot Caribbean but watching @Matt blogs he seemed to have a jolly good time even then.

Frame of mind is important and my frame of mind is:

Darn it I'm going on a cruise with Royal to Alaska. ?

6 hours ago, MicDay said:

We are staying put, I really enjoy Royal and what they have offered for this cruise. 

It stinks IF we have to wear a mask inside in certain places but it's now 48 days away, this could change.  

My thoughts might be different if this was the Hot Caribbean but watching @Matt blogs he seemed to have a jolly good time even then.

Frame of mind is important and my frame of mind is:

Darn it I'm going on a cruise with Royal to Alaska. ?

Here here!

5 hours ago, MicDay said:

OK fellow cruisers

45 days to go !!!!!!!?

Who's still with me, finger's crossed it's everyone but understand if not 

Me me me! ? I actually almost cancelled due to the masks and booked Oasis to Cococay instead. I was like if I am going to have to wear a mask I might as well do it on a ship I have never been on to a place I have never been to (went on Ovation to Alaska 2 years ago). But then I thought well if I wake up the morning of 8/27 and knew that I could've boarded a cruise today, I'd regret it...so I said okay I am sticking with Ovation and can't wait. I then went ahead and YOLO booked the Oasis for 2 weeks later to Cococay anyway LOL. Can you tell I am excited cruising is back? I got 6 cruises in the last 4 months of 2021. Here we gooooooooo!

I am staying as well, at least for now.  I looked into the NCL Encore which is priced slightly lower for the same type cabin, but decided to stay on this one.  I am not happy about the mask requirement because I truly don't think it is necessary (based on CDC guidance than vaccinated people have low risk of either contracting or transmitting COVID), but I will be cooperative.  

3 hours ago, Fairlynew said:

I am staying as well, at least for now.  I looked into the NCL Encore which is priced slightly lower for the same type cabin, but decided to stay on this one.  I am not happy about the mask requirement because I truly don't think it is necessary (based on CDC guidance than vaccinated people have low risk of either contracting or transmitting COVID), but I will be cooperative.  

Glad you're still with us! I looked at the Encore as well...specifically the solo/studio rooms... it was about $500 less than my solo studio oceanview balcony but that's because Encore studio rooms are inside only. I really need a balcony minimum to get fresh air whenever I want it, plus eating breakfast on my balcony etc... so sticking with it! Just 1.5 months to go. We should plan on doing a meetup at the pool deck bar during sailaway, I am coordinating with folks on the Facebook group as well. You should join if you haven't.  Search "Ovation of the Seas August 27, 2021".

4 hours ago, Cruising With JT said:

Also a change in itinerary! Totally okay with this --No photo description available.

They have not modified my excursion to this new time, maybe it's just taking them a bit?

@Fairlynewhave they modified yours, since we are on the same one in Juneau?  

That is the one with the most conflict, 

Thanks for the heads up JT!!

We just checked-in and got 12-1230 time as well.

We can't wait for upcoming Aug 27 cruise on Ovation.  We cruised on Ovation from Seattle in Aug. 2019 with my 82 year old father.  Alaska was on his bucket list, his first trip (and ours) to Alaska, was his first cruise as well, he even agreed to use a wheelchair due to his COPD.   We had an incredible time, memories to last a lifetime. He passed away in December last year, so glad we did the August 2019 Alaska cruise. 

We are cruising with my wife's parents on this cruise.  One of our party will be in a scooter, due to mobility issues.  Really bummed so many of the Juneau excursions are closed for 2021 (Seaplane, 5 glacier and Taku Lodge was amazing).  Looking forward to reduced capacity since we will have someone in a scooter.  Planning to spend a lot of time in the room and on the balcony (especially with mask requirement indoors).  Plus it's a very long walk from elevators to back of ship on deck eight.

This will be our first cruise since March 2020 when we sailed on Symphony of the Seas.

So ready to cruise!

10 hours ago, MonkeyLaLaX2 said:

Thanks for the heads up JT!!

We just checked-in and got 12-1230 time as well.

We can't wait for upcoming Aug 27 cruise on Ovation.  We cruised on Ovation from Seattle in Aug. 2019 with my 82 year old father.  Alaska was on his bucket list, his first trip (and ours) to Alaska, was his first cruise as well, he even agreed to use a wheelchair due to his COPD.   We had an incredible time, memories to last a lifetime. He passed away in December last year, so glad we did the August 2019 Alaska cruise. 

We are cruising with my wife's parents on this cruise.  One of our party will be in a scooter, due to mobility issues.  Really bummed so many of the Juneau excursions are closed for 2021 (Seaplane, 5 glacier and Taku Lodge was amazing).  Looking forward to reduced capacity since we will have someone in a scooter.  Planning to spend a lot of time in the room and on the balcony (especially with mask requirement indoors).  Plus it's a very long walk from elevators to back of ship on deck eight.

This will be our first cruise since March 2020 when we sailed on Symphony of the Seas.

So ready to cruise!

Glad you got the 12pm check in time! So many others here and on Facebook group also got it, I think we are all ready to get the party started.

I am happy to hear that you got to experience Alaska with your father and he got to cross another item off his bucket list before passing. I'm sorry to hear about your loss, but the memories you have with him will be cherished forever!

The reduced capacity on Ovation should help, with it only being the 3rd sailing, I can't imagine it being more than 50% full, although no one really knows what the capacity is. But if it's anything less than 50%, we are going to have a massive ship all to ourselves.

My family and I also went on Ovation of the Seas in August 2019 to Alaska. Did you go from August 30-September 6th? How crazy would that be if we both went on the same sailing in 2019 and again in 2021?!

This will be my first cruise since February 2020 on Norwegian Escape (wanted to show my wife the Breakaway-Plus class on Norwegian), although our next 9 cruises are on Royal #LoyalToRoyal). I wish we did Symphony then though since our November 2020 Symphony was cancelled. I have been wanting to go to CocoCay forever, so jumping on Oasis of the Seas 2 weeks after I get off Ovation! We are going on Symphony for my birthday in February. Lots of exciting cruising in the future!!

I am solo this cruise and a few others in 2021 since my wife can't get as much time off and my daughter isn't vaccinated yet (she is almost 4) but I hope by the time our family cruise in December rolls around on Navigator, she will be good to go. We are still taking her on the cruise, she'll just wear a mask but would prefer if she was vaccinated. Trying the solo studio oceanview balcony room for the first time on Ovation!!

8 hours ago, MicDay said:

@Cruising With JT  thanks John!!!

We also got the 12-12:30 check in time.

I usually check in the morning but work was crazy today!  

Welcome @MonkeyLaLaX2love your screen name!

Hooray!!! I know so many people who I regularly chat with here and on facebook that got the 12-12:30pm time slot! Should be great to see everyone in and around the terminal. I won't be hard to find... ? Wearing my "Cruising With JT" shirt! Let's get the excitement and party started early!

• AshleyDillo changed the title to xSAILEDx Ovation of the Seas - Aug 27th 2021