xSAILEDx Ovation of the Seas - Aug 27th 2021

16 hours ago, Cruising With JT said:

Niiiice! I am debating getting the refreshment package... I don't really drink much alcohol so the beverage package doesn't interest me as much but the refreshment package might...not a bad idea to get a smoothie or two per day, fresh squeeze juices from spa/two70 cafe...mixed in with an alcohol drink here and there..

John,

Thats what we do plus we get bottled water for when we are off the ship or in our stateroom. 

As we pass a bar to our room we grab a couple of them.

Plus it should include hot chocolate, I love Hot Chocolate!

41 minutes ago, MicDay said:

John,

Thats what we do plus we get bottled water for when we are off the ship or in our stateroom. 

As we pass a bar to our room we grab a couple of them.

Oh yeah good call, I didn't even think about bottled water.. I usually just grab water from the machines located throughout the ship which I think is safe to drink since it's been filtered. Yes to hot chocolate!!

23 hours ago, MicDay said:

Hot chocolate (from packets) is free.  But the specialty coffee place hot chocolate is a step up.  They also do a chai latte if I remember correctly.  

6 hours ago, AshleyDillo said:

Hot chocolate (from packets) is free.  But the specialty coffee place hot chocolate is a step up.  They also do a chai latte if I remember correctly.  

@AshleyDilloso if I have the refreshment package that covers specialty coffee's, does it include my hot chocolate?  I'm not a big fan of packets.  

29 minutes ago, MicDay said:

@AshleyDilloso if I have the refreshment package that covers specialty coffee's, does it include my hot chocolate?  I'm not a big fan of packets.  

It will cover anything they can make you at the specialty coffee counter, outside of the alcoholic offerings.  But they can make those for you without the liquor too.

Think there will be more people offered Royal Up this season, my guess it's not sailing a capacity so why not improve the earning margins by giving out Royal up even if they don't get the maximum bid. Every dollar counts at this point. For my sailing I've been given EVERY suite choice they have even ROYAL suite which isn't even available to book!? How can they do that?

Curious on what others have booked on this cruise for excursions since it is so limited. 

Juneau we have the Tracy Arm Fjord and Glacier Explorer

Skagway we have WHITE PASS SCENIC RAILWAY (we are booked at 8am, trying to decide to keep it or change to 12 noon)

Sitka we have Sea Otters, Raptors and Bears Oh My 

These are not set in stone and all are thru RC.  I don't mind booking outside of the cruise line for excursions but with how crazy everything is I like the safety of RC excursions.

11 minutes ago, Cruising With JT said:

https://www.royalcaribbeanblog.com/2021/07/01/royal-caribbean-releases-health-protocols-first-alaska-cruise-ship

Looks like masks are required indoors even though all adults are fully vaccinated? Weird.

This surprised me as well.  Seems that the vaxxed aren't getting much grace for the Alaska cruises.  

When indoors, CDC guidelines require all guests 2 and older to wear masks unless they are actively eating or drinking.

The CDC does make allowances for guests to remove their masks in venues and events dedicated to fully    vaccinated parties.

I found the second statement weird, don't we all have to be vaccinated to go on a 2021 Alaska Cruise?  Are they referring to the children 11 or younger who can't get vaccinated, that's why we have to wear a mask? 

1 hour ago, Cruising With JT said:

https://www.royalcaribbeanblog.com/2021/07/01/royal-caribbean-releases-health-protocols-first-alaska-cruise-ship

Looks like masks are required indoors even though all adults are fully vaccinated? Weird.

These protocols apply to Serenade in July.  

Really hoping we have better protocols in August.

46 minutes ago, MicDay said:

I found the second statement weird, don't we all have to be vaccinated to go on a 2021 Alaska Cruise?  Are they referring to the children 11 or younger who can't get vaccinated, that's why we have to wear a mask? 

That is exactly what they mean.  Having children onboard who aren't eligible for vaccination will mean that they have to treat it as a hybrid situation of vaccinated and non-vaccinated.

Meanwhile, they didn't have to do this on Adventure.  They didn't have to follow the CDC guidelines to that extent there.

19 hours ago, Cruising With JT said:

Like @ConstantCruisersaid this is for Serenade only. Ovation protocols aren't released yet. I am hoping they are different/no masks!

image.thumb.png.dc1ceb88905a267024c898bb375704c5.png

John,

How is it in Seattle about wearing a mask?  Here in NC a couple of people still wear them but the majority have stopped, indoor and outdoor.  Thanks!

Got the email fro RC about our Cruise and the Healthy Sailing Update.

Thoughts?

You might receive this email more than once because we are reaching out to all of your contact methods on file.

YOUR HEALTHY SAILING UPDATE
Seattle August 2021 Sailings Protocol Update 

Me either

So every person 12yr or older has to be vaccinated on our cruise, I don't see why we have to wear a mask.  I feel sorry for the families with children 11 or younger. they are so limited to where and what they can do.

I guess I knew this was coming, with the Serenade policy mirror ours.  

• AshleyDillo changed the title to xSAILEDx Ovation of the Seas - Aug 27th 2021