Jump to content
Royal Caribbean Blog

Ovation of the Seas - Aug 27th 2021


Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, CruisingKat(Kathy) said:

Hi all 

I am checking to see if anyone is on the sailing? I’m actually getting excited to think that I will actually be able to cruise in August to Alaska!!! 🥰

Hi Kathy!! I am not on this sailing but got excited to see your name back on the boards! Maybe you've been active but I just haven't seen the posts 🙂 you'll be in my city in August! Maybe if you guys plan a meetup or something we can grab a drink! Cheers!

Link to post
Share on other sites

Thx John

I have been MIA from the boards for a little while. I would love to have a meetup. Will be coming in the night before the cruise on August 26 I’m not sure where were staying yet, or what time we will get there, but I will definitely keep you in the loop

 I now work full-time with my job. The possibility of having a cruise in three months has lit the fire under my cruising addiction.

I’m almost embarrassed to say...  I was talking to my husband earlier, about lanyards and I said you know that card thing that they give us,  😫

I couldn’t think of the what it was called “Sea Pass”, that’s how long it’s been, in my mind since I saw a cruise ship, I drew a blank on what the Sailing Card was called!! LOL 😂 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, CruisingKat(Kathy) said:

Thx John

I have been MIA from the boards for a little while. I would love to have a meetup. Will be coming in the night before the cruise on August 26 I’m not sure where were staying yet, or what time we will get there, but I will definitely keep you in the loop

 I now work full-time with my job. The possibility of having a cruise in three months has lit the fire under my cruising addiction.

I’m almost embarrassed to say...  I was talking to my husband earlier, about lanyards and I said you know that card thing that they give us,  😫

I couldn’t think of the what it was called “Sea Pass”, that’s how long it’s been, in my mind since I saw a cruise ship, I drew a blank on what the Sailing Card was called!! LOL 😂 

Sounds good!! I totally get what you mean with the terms haha it's been so long!! Well it must be excited to have a cruise booked so soon! I am tempted to book a solo cruise to Alaska but I got 3 other cruises booked later this year so not sure what I am doing yet! 🙂 

Link to post
Share on other sites

@CruisingKat(Kathy)My Awesome TA @krhardyfound us a killer group rate for this sailing so my husband and I are coming too!!!

I just booked our flights we will be there late on August 25th.  Don't know where we are staying, trying to figure that out.  We will use some of my husband's Hilton points.  We are not leaving until Saturday night so we can get a small glimpse of Seattle.

@johnt83any hotel recommendations for a Hilton property to see a bit of your city?

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, MicDay said:

@CruisingKat(Kathy)My Awesome TA @krhardyfound us a killer group rate for this sailing so my husband and I are coming too!!!

I just booked our flights we will be there late on August 25th.  Don't know where we are staying, trying to figure that out.  We will use some of my husband's Hilton points.  We are not leaving until Saturday night so we can get a small glimpse of Seattle.

@johnt83any hotel recommendations for a Hilton property to see a bit of your city?

 

Hi there! I have never stayed in a Hilton in downtown but I would definitely recommend trying to find one near all the action in Seattle downtown. Not sure if you're renting a car or Uber/Lyfting it but in red circle is where the cruise port is, in blue circles is where all the action is you'll want to experience especially if it's your first time to Seattle.

image.thumb.png.a4126e77ed5a34fbd62a39ceadc2ace5.png

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, MicDay said:

@johnt83thank you!

I picked The Sound Hotel Seattle Belltown, it touches your first circle and is at the top of your second circle.  We will take the rail or Uber, I want my husband to enjoy his time and driving would not be it.  🙂 

 

Sounds like a plan! Have a wonderful time 🙂 I hope Seattle delivers you beautiful weather during your visit!

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/31/2021 at 7:33 AM, MicDay said:

@CruisingKat(Kathy)My Awesome TA @krhardyfound us a killer group rate for this sailing so my husband and I are coming too!!!

I just booked our flights we will be there late on August 25th.  Don't know where we are staying, trying to figure that out.  We will use some of my husband's Hilton points.  We are not leaving until Saturday night so we can get a small glimpse of Seattle.

@johnt83any hotel recommendations for a Hilton property to see a bit of your city?

 

Your TA is Kelley Hardy from MEI? That is my New TA too!!!

I am happy to know another RC Blog friend is sailing with my Hubby and Myself, we will definitely have to hangout!! 😃

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, CruisingKat(Kathy) said:

Your TA is Kelley Hardy from MEI? That is my New TA too!!!

I am happy to know another RC Blog friend is sailing with my Hubby and Myself, we will definitely have to hangout!! 😃

@CruisingKat(Kathy)

You'll love Kelley, she's awesome!  

This is our first vacation without our daughter (22) so it will be a new experience doing whatever whenever!

Looking at excursions now, trying to figure out what appeals to us the most.  I want to see as much wildlife as I can, my husband basically just goes with the flow.

Have you been to Alaska before, this is our first time?

This will only be our second time on a RCCI ship, last one was the Harmony in 2019.  Our 2020 cruise was cancelled like everyone else's. 

We have tried many different lines and have really enjoyed our one experience with RCCI and this excellent site!!!

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Fairlynew said:

No one has to drink alcohol on a bar crawl!  I just think it might be a fun way to meet people, explore the various bars on the ship, and for those so inclined, try some fun drinks!

Awesome, then let us know. 

My husband does love his virgin Pina Colada's, he calls it his cruise drinks.

I like an occasional Moscow mule or a Mojito, if I'm drinking its got rum in it 🙂

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi everyone!!! I just booked this sailing tonight!! Grabbed what looked to be the last solo Studio Oceanview balcony room on Deck 6!! Wahoo!! Other dates I couldn't find anything so this worked out for me! I live in the Seattle area so very convenient for me 🙂  This will be my 3rd time to Alaska, so ask away!

I am really excited to be back on Ovation 2 years later!! Pretty much exactly 2 years later... I went with my family on 8/30/2019 now going solo on 8/27/2021 🙂 Ask me any questions you have and I will do my best to tell you about my experience from 2 years ago!

Pic below is from high above the North Star on our lovely ship, the Ovation of the Seas! You guys are going to LOVE it 🙂  I love Quantum class ships...so much... in November I am going on the Quantum-ultra class ship Odyssey of the Seas! Can't wait to be back onboard in under 3 months!

image.thumb.png.de4b301cae646a224302fa6e8c5fa76d.png

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Fairlynew said:

No one has to drink alcohol on a bar crawl!  I just think it might be a fun way to meet people, explore the various bars on the ship, and for those so inclined, try some fun drinks!

Count me in! I am coming solo -- wife and daughter are staying home as they've already been to Alaska so I can do whatever whenever wherever... I am not much of a drinker either BUT I will be happy to hang out and check out the fun venues... I love Ovation... their pub is always hopping and my fav was the Bionic Bar, I probably got 5 drinks from there during my last cruise (non beverage package :p)

Link to post
Share on other sites

@johnt83Awesome!!!!   

Let me get my wits together and then I will have a list of questions!!

Questions about Seattle (lucky you not having to fly!)

Questions about Alaska (first timer for both of us)

Questions about our Ship (first time on a Quantum class)

1st question

Boeing Tour, is it worth it, Husband would love a good plane tour, he worked on F-18 while in the Marines?

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, MicDay said:

@johnt83Awesome!!!!   

Let me get my wits together and then I will have a list of questions!!

Questions about Seattle (lucky you not having to fly!)

Questions about Alaska (first timer for both of us)

Questions about our Ship (first time on a Quantum class)

1st question

Boeing Tour, is it worth it, Husband would love a good plane tour, he worked on F-18 while in the Marines?

 

 

First time on Quantum class and Alaska, you are in for a real treat! Yes the Boeing tour "Future of flight" is definitely worth it if it's your first time here, we did it ages ago and if your husband likes planes, I'd consider that along with the Museum of Flight, check them out 🙂 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...