Odyssey of the Seas Crew Members Test Positive for C-19.

Well this is not good news:

OVIEDO, Spain

A Royal Caribbean cruise ship had to make an unplanned stop off the Spanish island of Mallorca on Monday to drop off five crew members who tested positive for COVID-19.

This is the first cruise ship that has stopped near the touristic region since March 2020 and its sight came as a surprise to many locals.

Although the massive ship has room for more than 4,100 people, it is only carrying around 1,400 crew members and fewer than 100 passengers, according to Spanish media.

The ship, called Odyssey of the Seas, left from Civitavecchia, Italy and is bound for the US state of Florida.

The infected crew members are set to be picked up by Spanish ships and taken to a private clinic to quarantine, according to the Balearic government. They are all reported to be asymptomatic.

https://www.aa.com.tr/en/world/cruise-ship-stops-in-spain-to-drop-off-covid-infected-crew/2252686

7 minutes ago, smokeybandit said:

Why is it not good news?  They came on board with a negative test, went into the standard room quarantine, then tested positive, and RC put its crew protocols into action with great success.

And RC claims it was 2 crew, not 5

I just expect the US press to run around in circles with this news. That is why I say it might not be good.  

7 minutes ago, Tarheel0907 said:

False positive I bet 

Even if it is that, the damage is done. Remember the false positive that took place on Quantum of the Seas out of Singapore last year? Media went nuts over it. People don't remember that it was a false positive, all they remember and report was a positive test initially. The media sucks lol.

7 minutes ago, johnt83 said:

Even if it is that, the damage is done. Remember the false positive that took place on Quantum of the Seas out of Singapore last year? Media went nuts over it. People don't remember that it was a false positive, all they remember and report was a positive test initially. The media sucks lol.

I remember but it has to be a false positive or neg when boarding. Either way these test are a shot in the dark lol

10 minutes ago, LizzyBee23 said:

https://www.thecut.com/amp/2021/05/4-royal-caribbean-crew-members-disembark-cruise-with-covid.html

Another hyperbolic take. Just in case anyone has any lingering thoughts that the media can be managed if cruise lines somehow manage to toe the nearly impossible line.

Very true. Why dont they do a story on Vegas next? These people are desperate for clicks and live in some fantasy Zero Covid world.  

15 hours ago, Matt said:

It's not news. 

There was 1,600 cases of Covid in Florida yesterday and that's a GOOD day.

Media needs to stop treating ONE case on a cruise ship as news. It's not, and all this does is perpetuate the stereotype of "floating petri dish".

So true, it is not news at all. One case and the media would love to see cruising never start back up. They love to hype the negative.

I would not be surprised if the day is sunny and one cloud appears and the media say what a horrible cloudy day it is.